IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrencburg updates tonight?
10/7/07, 9:22 AM   #131
Re: Lawrencburg updates tonight?
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan View Post
Does anyone know the ages for 600cc mini sprints around indiana.i'm 14 and my dad is talking about getting me one.but i dont much about them.
Here's the ultimate website for info on micro racing in Indiana and Illinois.

http://www.maximumdirt.com

10/7/07, 10:21 AM   #132
cecil98

Track was the tackiest i've seen it since the 80's. tackier than the opening night USAC show. incredibly fast!!! made it tough to pass in the heats. quite a few yellows in the heats also. HOWEVER! by feature time the track was a lot more racy and it was spectacular!!! swindell, bacon, ballou battle was terrific! during post race interviews, swindell turns cheering fans into boo-birds by crying about ballou not racing him clean. i would say he lost a few fans and needs to pull his foot out of his mouth. that was dumb!!! i didn't see ballou do a thing wrong. crowd was pretty good but, could've been a little better. hope dave and chip were able to put a few bucks in there pockets.

10/7/07, 10:21 AM   #133
Keith5186

Were did Immal finnish?Had a good starting spot.

10/7/07, 10:35 AM   #134
Onlydirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
Track was the tackiest i've seen it since the 80's. tackier than the opening night USAC show. incredibly fast!!! made it tough to pass in the heats. quite a few yellows in the heats also. HOWEVER! by feature time the track was a lot more racy and it was spectacular!!! swindell, bacon, ballou battle was terrific! during post race interviews, swindell turns cheering fans into boo-birds by crying about ballou not racing him clean. i would say he lost a few fans and needs to pull his foot out of his mouth. that was dumb!!! i didn't see ballou do a thing wrong. crowd was pretty good but, could've been a little better. hope dave and chip were able to put a few bucks in there pockets.
Swindell has a lot of growing up to do....do you think his development people see this and does it make a difference to them? Swindell has no room to ever complain after some of the things he has done on a race track.

10/7/07, 10:36 AM   #135
Motormasher

Brother said NO passing but track was tacky. Was that a MSCS race or did they change it to USAC and didn't tell anybody else?

10/7/07, 10:42 AM   #136
Motormasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
Brother said NO passing but track was tacky. Was that a MSCS race or did they change it to USAC and didn't tell anybody else?
Race should have been lined up according to MSCS points.:idea:

10/7/07, 11:15 AM   #137
JordanBlanton

...I can't believe Wreck 'em Swindell had the audacity to cry about somebody else not racing him clean. Even if Ballou had roughed him up (which I didn't think he did), he wouldn't have a bit of room to complain. But, a warm sense of pride enveloped me when my fellow sprint fans showered him with so many boos that the announcer had to just stop and wait for them to end before continuing the interview. :thumb:

I also can't believe motormasher is sitting on here running this race and the MSCS series down. Last night was their 2nd $10,000 to win sprint show of the season. Who else is payin' that to win for a sprint show? Are they perfect? Of course not, but who is? It gets old listening to grown men whine like Swindell all night. Booing cuz they took a 15 minute intermission between the B and the A. What the hell did you want them to go? Leave the 4 transfers from the B on the track and just start pushing the other cars off? Booing at the number of yellow flag laps while their favorite drivers drove double file and seemed to just ignore the lineup boards. If nobody else noticed, the officials seemed as frustrated with it as the fans, so give 'em a break. But, there's always got to be something to complain about. The track was too tacky or the track was too slick; there was too much mud or there was too much dust. The cars were too fast or they were too slow. Not enough passing or too many wrecks. Seriously...enjoy racing. No there wasn't a lot of passing in the heats, but the feature was racy, and the track was scary fast all night long. Not every race is this year's KISS finale with Clayton and Stanbrough slicing and dicing every lap. I'm just glad I get to see the best drivers in the most awesome race cars on some awesome tracks week in and week out. Being a race fan will keep me happy in Indiana for a LONG time to come. I took a first-timer last night, and she loved it (minus getting pelted with mud since we had to sit on the 2nd row).

Ok, off my soapbox now. I'm looking forward to the Kokomo clash.

10/7/07, 11:18 AM   #138
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im not gonna complain one bit. You'll never see cars go that fast the whole night and never lift anywhere else.

The track was what it was. You could go foreward but it took patience. Coondog and Shuman came from the back, Coons had problems, Shuman finished fourth.

The track was so fast many TOP GUYS and Teams took themselves out by misakes.

Thanks Dave and crew for a good night of racing. The last race I'll see on that CYCLONE track (Meaning cars running just as fast as they can go with centrifigal force being the factor

BTW, I seen at least 4 five gallon buckets full of Tabs.

Good job everyone.
Chuck, who's two pounds looked small in comparison but it all adds up.

10/7/07, 11:21 AM   #139
petey

Gotta give props to Robert "Stanbrough" lol eight wins a row!:respect:

Tough night when the 53 and Clayton do not make it.

Can't say I'm totally surprised with Swindell's remarks. I've lost a lot of respect for that kid this year.:thumbsdown:

10/7/07, 11:44 AM   #140
SteveCollopy

JordanBlanton,
Not all the boos were at the officals. There were some around me that were booing some drivers that refused to get in line. More important to me than anything last night was no nobody was injured when Williams (?) went through the fence. Thank God.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrencburg updates tonight?