IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New indoor series in Michigan
11/13/12, 7:07 PM   #1
New indoor series in Michigan
minisprint47

New indoor series in Michigan just added upright 600/1000cc mini sprints to there lineup Check out midwestindoorracingseries.com There are like 6-8 races this winter.

11/15/12, 10:29 AM   #2
Re: New indoor series in Michigan
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by minisprint47 View Post
New indoor series in Michigan just added upright 600/1000cc mini sprints to there lineup Check out midwestindoorracingseries.com There are like 6-8 races this winter.
Sounds looks a lot of fun to me. I did the Google thing and it looks a lot like the "Rumble" track to me. Have they got a tire rule for the uprights yet.

The big problem for the mid western racer is going to be that haul. I guess that the high price of fuel is not going to go down for a while yet and at 6 to 10 MPG it would be an expensive weekend. One thought would be to find a secure lot where the racers could park their hauler for the winter and drive their cars back and forth.

I also Googled the Mototown USA place up in Connecticut. They built a gigantic building and raced motorcycles and Mini sprints all winter long indoors. They did have storage right on sight for the racers and looked like a great idea. Fly up race and fly home. But it looks like mother nature got them, a big snow brought the roof down to the ground and put them out of business. OH WELL!!!

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/15/12 at 10:30 AM.

11/15/12, 12:47 PM   #3
koolaid89

Looks like they had 19 Micro's for the inaugural event, I think that's pretty darn good...

11/15/12, 3:26 PM   #4
PatrickMead#13

Any rules for the uprights at all? Couldn't find any and it sounds like the next event would be fun for my birthday.... Lol

Posted via Mobile Device

11/16/12, 7:25 PM   #5
minisprint47

Check with a guy named Jack he called me wanting to get some cars from Ohio he said the mid michigan mini sprints are going to be there also. Dont know exactly what there rules are? They have changed there name to something else not mid michigan mini sprints but i am sure they can be googled and point you in the right direction. I think i might go on January 12th i think thats what he said was the next race after Christmas the Dec 22nd race is too close to Santas wallet lol. Oh yea Jacks number is in the midwestracingseries.com site
Last edited by minisprint47; 11/16/12 at 7:26 PM.

11/16/12, 7:56 PM   #6
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by minisprint47 View Post
Check with a guy named Jack he called me wanting to get some cars from Ohio he said the mid michigan mini sprints are going to be there also. Dont know exactly what there rules are? They have changed there name to something else not mid michigan mini sprints but i am sure they can be googled and point you in the right direction. I think i might go on January 12th i think thats what he said was the next race after Christmas the Dec 22nd race is too close to Santas wallet lol. Oh yea Jacks number is in the midwestracingseries.com site
His handle on here is michiganjack search him and shoot him a PM

11/16/12, 8:18 PM   #7
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid89 View Post
His handle on here is michiganjack search him and shoot him a PM
PM sent this evening. Thank you

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New indoor series in Michigan