IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
jim goerge (Offline)
  #41 9/26/18 9:03 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Both nights on the USAC portion of Lets Race two and the three crown races. Ballou is a representative and competitor of the Sanction Running.

You don't think Smoke couldn't schedule a two night WoO and LM race in it's place and be every bit as successful if not more? I got no facts for nothing, But it does nothing to either KEEP or GROW the USAC brand by accusing a track of trying to kill someone when that track has made millions in improvements, Lighting, fencing safety crew, etc.
How many times did Steward say a track was going to get some body killed? Also his bad mouthing of Goodyear, to me its same dam thing Theres to many other tracks that be more than happy and do a lot better job of hosting the 4 crown then Eldora.
9 Likes: bjr1655, Cage Faraday, captrat, Chief Wahoo, duel, FALCONEDDIE, oppweld, superstock30, TNRustler
TKRacing (Offline)
  #42 9/26/18 9:24 PM
Why is everyone going after “steward” when this was a USAC decision?
5 Likes: flagboy55, Jbaldwin, opnwhlmnd, rataz, tirespinner
Gene Franckowiak (Offline)
  #43 9/26/18 9:27 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
This is a damn outrage! What ever happened to free speech? The guy risks his life for our entertainment & this is what he gets?
Chickenshit move by USAC....
Along with free speech comes the consequences of what you say.....go into work tomorrow and use your free speech to tell your boss he runs a ****** and unsafe business and he should be embarrassed.....let me know how that free speech works out for you
11 Likes: Bobv, Charles Nungester, duel, FishBurger, Jbaldwin, K9Racer, PJ Wright, ROSS, superstock30, tirespinner, wobbler
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #44 9/26/18 9:27 PM
In the famous words of Jack Hewitt. FLQASOB. They wear that shirt that says authority. They can kiss my d**k

https://youtu.be/2tAJtnl_1bQ

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
9 Likes: 1021gpa, 1modracer, Cage Faraday, fuzzyracing, hupp#9, jim goerge, PIT CART, Rpracing1, treecitytornado
Crankin (Offline)
  #45 9/26/18 9:28 PM
It always amazes me when someone wants to share their knowledge/opinions about this sport, but doesn’t know how Tony’s last name is spelled???

I mean his name is EVERYWHERE in print, and tv, yet some supposed fan/participant (?) can’t even spell his simple last name correctly??.... Especially when it is nearly impossible to not see, or even hear his name pronounced correctly just by spending a few seconds of attention to the sport your supposedly following.
10 Likes: bullringko, Cage Faraday, Danny Burton, K9Racer, opnwhlmnd, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, racenut69, TKRacing, wobbler
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #46 9/26/18 9:30 PM
Originally Posted by Crankin:
It always amazes me when someone wants to share their knowledge/opinions about this sport, but doesn’t know how Tony’s last name is spelled???

I mean his name is EVERYWHERE in print, and tv, yet some supposed fan/participant (?) can’t even spell his simple last name correctly??.... Especially when it is nearly impossible to not see, or even hear his name pronounced correctly just by spending a few seconds of attention to the sport your supposedly following.
Go back to Canada, I hear they are hiring spelling police.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
6 Likes: cmakin, jim goerge, oppweld, PIT CART, progressive22, wright59
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #47 9/26/18 9:36 PM
Bad move USAC. If you're going to ban him I guess you'll have to ban me too. I don't pull punches when it comes to ****** track prep and neither does he. There is so much of it these days it's hard to sit back and say nothing, yet most fans just sit there in silence because there are told not to criticize anything. Ballou is a true hero to many of us old school fans. He likes a good track with some character and so do I. I was going to go to Terre Haute since they've been prepping the track so much better after we complained so much about sprint week, but I think I'll observe my self imposed ban and find something else to do. Didn't USAC suspend Steve Butler too and he never came back? Way to go there guys.
6 Likes: Chief Wahoo, duel, FALCONEDDIE, jim goerge, NMrace48, Sprint63122
dirtyd6305 (Offline)
  #48 9/26/18 9:40 PM
https://youtu.be/0la4BO6D-zw
5 Likes: 1modracer, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
ROSS (Offline)
  #49 9/26/18 9:53 PM
Am I the only one who is sitting here thinking this is a perfect example of the world we are living in today? This is a really good example of the culture of entitlement we see all the time. If you work for someone or you join a club/organization they will have rules to follow. When you clearly act like an ass or break those rules OVER and OVER there will be consequences. It's great he spoke his mind I guess but you have to know that it may end your association with that party. The crazy part (like this deal) is people are shocked at the repercussions and are trying to defend it. I can say with 100% certainty that Robert wasn't the only one who didn't like the track on Saturday (or the other umpteen times he complained) they just chose to handle it the smart and respectful way. I realize the people who are backing him tonight aren't going to understand what I'm saying. I guess that returns me to my original point. This is the world we live in.
13 Likes: Charles Nungester, duel, EBookerFan, fuzzyracing, Hustlin-Hoosier, Jonr, K9Racer, opnwhlmnd, PJ Wright, rataz, Simon_says17, tirespinner, wobbler
Scooter (Offline)
  #50 9/26/18 9:58 PM
Who is this Steward guy??
9 Likes: Cage Faraday, Chase Hightower, flagboy55, opnwhlmnd, racenut69, ryan84, SDHill89, superstock30, TKRacing
Closed Thread