IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #41 10/15/21 2:58 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
I may be blind but I dont see start times for the rescheduled dates
Here you go, Moe:

Saturday will feature Sprint Cars, USAC Regional Midgets, Racesaver Sprints & Thunder Cars.

Sat. 10/16:
Pit Gate opens at 3PM
Grandstands open at 4PM
Draw closes/Drivers meeting at 5:30PM
Group qualifying at 6PM, racing to follow

Day 2 will be LM, Mods, Sportsman, Street Stock & Hornets.

Sun. 10/17:
Pit Gates opens at 9AM
Grandstands open at 12PM
Draw closes at 12PM
Drivers meeting at 12:30PM
Group qualifying at 1PM, racing to follow.

http://www.kokomospeedway.net/news/?i=97629

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
4 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, racefan20, racegal, tirespinner
Justigit (Offline)
  #42 10/16/21 6:40 AM
Racing today !!!
Bear10 (Offline)
  #43 10/16/21 7:46 AM
No! That is today’s program is postponed until tomorrow . The schedule has been moved from last night until tonight. If you click on the postponed it’s the late model portion . Which IS postponed until tomorrow ! Sprint cars are today!
Justigit (Offline)
  #44 10/16/21 12:00 PM
Lets go racing !!!
Russ (Offline)
  #45 10/16/21 9:23 PM
It's been a while since I've seen the Don Moore #10 midget. Good to see him at Kokomo with driver Chett Gehrke.
5 Likes: chrismattlin, EBookerFan, Hustlin-Hoosier, PJ Wright, tirespinner
LUCKYONE (Offline)
  #46 10/16/21 9:38 PM
Any updates please
hoosierboy3 (Offline)
  #47 10/16/21 10:39 PM
Hope everything is ok right now. Very long red in the non wing B
3 Likes: bighd0522, nathans1012, tirespinner
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #48 10/16/21 11:47 PM
Lap 14 - Top 2
CJ Leary
Clinton Boyles

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #49 10/16/21 11:59 PM
410 Non-Wing Sprint Car feature
Winner
CJ Leary

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
2 Likes: chrismattlin, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #50 10/18/21 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
S Mike,
Can’t wait to hear your Best Race of the Year recap!

Okay..... here is the recap:

Pulled into the parking lot at Kokomo Speedway somewhere around 1230. Bought my ticket from the county sheriff girl who always carries the sidearm, said "Hi" to Kim the greeter, and then got my seat. Plenty of time to get ready.

Back to the car. Had a beer with flagboy55, and went back in.

At 1333 (1:33 p.m.) the late models came out to run their hot laps and quals.

FF ahead.... I left at 2045 (8:45 p.m.) and was in the car shortly thereafter headed north up US-31 out of the country of Indiana and into the northern territory of Michigan.

That is 7.2 hours. With three features left to run I am SURE Kokomo Speedway outlasted the eight hour GT International Enduro at the Brickyard. We should all get lapel pins for that.

All in all, a great time. Great fans, great food, great weather, great grilling, plenty of sunshine, cheap beer in the parking lot, great action on the track, and the old car started on the way out. The highlight was at the start of the Mod feature when about 100 geese took flight from a wetland off of the back of Turn 3. The announcer noted the flyover. Great way to cap 2021 for me.

The geese eventually circled and settled down way back of Turn 2. They must have wanted to see who was going to take the stock car feature.

Thanks to all who put the show on, raced, sold concessions, and were first responders. As a fan, I pale in comparison to those great folks.

I'll look forward to seeing you all on the other side of the checkers in 2022.

Never a disappointing night at Kokomo Speedway.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
12 Likes: 95KART, addictedtodirt, Chief Wahoo, EBookerFan, erich45, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, nathans1012, OnTheHammer, tirespinner, TNRustler, Will Shunk