IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Macon Racing (Offline)
  #1 9/9/15 4:46 PM
Macon Speedway & POWRi Announce Make-Up Date
Mighty Macon Season Finale To Feature Midgets

Macon Speedway and POWRi officials have come to an agreement for a reschedule date of Saturday, October 3 for an event that was postponed on August 22. Rain hit the Macon County area around 6:00 that night, which forced everyone to call it an early evening. After much deliberation, the October 3 date was agreed upon for a season finale at the high banked 1/5-mile.

On the August 22 show, 33 competitors were in the pits for the Midgets in addition to 33 Micros. Those teams, plus a number of others are expected to be on hand October 3 to give Macon Speedway fans a great sendoff into the offseason.

Open wheel veteran, Darren Hagen, currently leads the standings for the POWRi Lucas Oil National Midgets. Andrew Felker trails him by over 700 points, while Austin Brown, Kyle Schuett, and Spencer Bayston are in the top five.

In the POWRi Speedway Motors Micros, Nathan Benson leads the way in the national standings. Ayrton Gennetten, Aaron Adruskevitch, Joe B Miller, and Joey Wirth complete the top five. That battle is much closer than the Midgets, as just 70 points separate the top two.

For the stock car fans, the Midwest Big Ten Series Pro Late Models and the UMP B-Mods have also been added to the season finale. For the Pro Late Models, it will be championship night for not only the track but the Big Ten Series as well, determining the champ. Right now, Springfield, IL driver Guy Taylor is in good position for the sweep, leading the Big Ten standings and closely behind, Tommy Sheppard, Jr. in the track points. Due to this additional race for Pro Late Models and a big Pro race at Spoon River, their event on September 26 has been pulled from the schedule.

Pit gates will open at 3:00 on October 3, grandstands at 4:00, with hotlaps beginning at 6:00 when the pill draw ends, and racing starting at 7:00.

For more information, follow Macon Speedway online at www.maconracing.com, on Facebook (www.facebook.com/maconracing) and Twitter (@maconspeedway). It’s easy to join the Macon Speedway text service. Fans can text MSFANS to 74574 to receive fan information. Drivers text MSDRIVERS to 74574 to receive driver information. Message and date rates apply. Updates are also available by calling Macon Speedway at 217-764-3000.

Macon Speedway is located nine miles south of Decatur on U.S. 51, then 0.6 miles west on Andrews Street and south to 205 N. Wiles. Macon Speedway hosts racing every Saturday night, plus many weeknight specials.
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #2 9/9/15 6:55 PM
According to my race schedule, the Charlene Meents Memorial was scheduled for Little Belleville for October 2 and 3. Now POWRi shows it as October 2 only. So if that was the original plan, rather than getting two nights at a track which is one of the finest midget tracks in the country and gets its shows over at a very reasonable time, are we now getting one night at that track and one at a track which also runs 17 kinds of stock cars and gets out either late, later, or by dawn's early light? Just wondering why this has changed. I realize could have made a mistake in entering dates on my calendar earlier this year, but I really look forward to this race and tried to be very careful.

Frank Daigh
5 Likes: Dirtfan, jim goerge, luckybuc97, skids59, Steve Wendel
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #3 9/9/15 7:14 PM
Frank we have wondered this as well as we had planned on attending both nights at Belleville.To agree with you not crazy about 17 kinds of stock cars at Macon...

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, luckybuc97
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #4 9/9/15 7:40 PM
Bring on the bombers j/k
4 Likes: Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, luckybuc97
JJMooney (Offline)
  #5 9/9/15 7:52 PM
The changes to POWRi's schedule were posted on their FB page and website just this morning:
http://powri.com/newsdetail.asp?NewsID=20762

Also, the POWRi show originally on the schedule for Friday, Oct 9th at Lincoln IL has been moved to Jacksonville creating a two-day show at Jacksonville for Oct 9-10.
ronmil (Offline)
  #6 9/9/15 8:06 PM
Doubt that I'll attend Macon; was there for the first time ever when it rained out, but I hadn't bought a ticket. Had already tentatively planned to do Friday at Belle-Clair and Saturday at Lawrenceburg for the USAC sprints.

Ron Miller
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, Katterns
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #7 9/9/15 8:21 PM
I had read that the current Lincoln promoters were retiring and Bob Sargent was taking over promotion next year and wondered if that would affect this year. They have now decided close early. We should thank Ken Dobson for picking up the second night. Jacksonville has some great midget shows and Ken is one of the premier promoters in the country. POWRi and MOWA are also at Jacksonville this Friday for the Herb Barlow Memorial. Should be a good night of racing also.

Frank Daigh
5 Likes: Indy1808, jim goerge, luckybuc97, skids59, SpfldMile
Smeents (Offline)
  #8 9/9/15 10:53 PM
The Charlene Meents Memorial will still be Friday, Oct 2nd at Belleville but the Saturday race has been moved to Macon to allow for the rescheduling from the rainout in August. I hope everyone will still come out Friday night. As I always do, I am still working on sponsors for that night and hope to hand out a lot of lap money, heat race money, and other extra perks to the competitors.

Thanks
Stephanie Meents
4 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, luckybuc97, SpfldMile
trackenterprises (Offline)
  #9 9/10/15 8:59 AM
After the POWRi Midget week show early this season that ran late, we have made a great effort to get done earlier and run less classes. That was the case on both shows on Independence Day weekend and will be the case with this upcoming show as well. Pro Late Models and B-Mods are the only other classes running that night, just as the article states.
5 Likes: Crankin, dkdorkboy, Indy1808, oldfan49, stealth43k
jim goerge (Offline)
  #10 9/10/15 1:38 PM
I can't believe PowrI did this. I Don't know why they couldn't have made it after Bellville. I think when a sanctioning body sits a schedule they should honor it, they want to add a race add it at end of schedule or add it on a off night. This could have been a great weekend of midgets. I already booked a room for both nights which I'll cancel cuz I'll be at the burg. This sux big time
6 Likes: Clydesdale, dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, mowerman, ronmil, Steve Wendel