IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race Team or Race Track
12/13/20, 2:45 PM   #11
Re: Race Team or Race Track
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Id pay CBell and Kyle Larson nascar wages to run the full USAC schedule plus some Indy ovals.(guess which one) Id kick in 30% of each nights purse,theyd probably need some sort a carrot.At the end of one year Im guessing Id be back where I am right now. Hammer Down

12/13/20, 3:25 PM   #12
i love dirt track racing

Hell I would buy aq a Christmas tree and have free ice cream at all the racing tracks in Indiana. LOL.

12/13/20, 4:26 PM   #13
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love dirt track racing View Post
Hell I would buy aq a Christmas tree and have free ice cream at all the racing tracks in Indiana. LOL.
Hell yeah!!!! God Bless America!!

12/13/20, 6:55 PM   #14
cornerthree

Thats what I would do just like J.W. Throw out $100 bills like nickels. Driver who put on the best show of the night, not necessairly the winner. Like the driver who pass the most cars in the feature, or drove his ass off to get a transfer spot in a heat. And especially the low buck guys, buy them some tires or fuel. And of course hard luck drivers of the night. Or buy a really good motor for a back of the pack guy.

12/14/20, 12:20 AM   #15
dsc1600

I’ve thought about this and I think if I were a millionaire who owned a team and spent a ton of money, all I’d do is drive the costs up for everyone. I think I’d rather own a track or series where I could help boost more than just my team.

6 members like this post: erich45, jim goerge, nathans1012, racenut69, tirespinner, TNRustler
12/14/20, 7:36 PM   #16
Jonr

So, I let my imagine run away with me when I buy a lottery ticket. (that is part of the fun right?) At one time, I have considering doing one of three things.

1. Track rehab. There are three tracks around me that I have thought about buying one of them and doing a track rehab on. All three have great track surfaces and produce great races. However, all three in different needs for facilities. One of them has good facilities but the layout is a little rough. The next one needs a little more work on the facilities and parking situation. The last track is a complete gut job. At different times, I have imagined what it would be like to take one of these tracks on and do a rehab.

2. Second thought would be to have a national midget tour operation with 2 or 3 cars out of one hauler. It would concentrate on the USAC schedule and then the POWRi schedule. I realize that finding drivers that would want to run the two midget series could be challenging. As stated above, it might take a unique salary arrangement to make it happen.

3. The last thought would kind of be the JW of the midget world. Instead of showing up at different races and dropping money at random midget races. I would see if I could become a sponsor to both USAC and POWRi. With being a sponsor, I would hope that we could get to common rules and get a Crown Jewel midget series. Have USAC pick their best two shows and make them a co-sanction race with a ton of money thrown into the purse. Have POWRi do the same thing with a co-sanction race with a ton of money thrown into the purse.

12/14/20, 8:37 PM   #17
stoney

I`ll take the MR potato set

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/14/20, 8:54 PM   #18
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Id buy a track and make sure everything was the worst. The track seating, food, restrooms. Everything.

You sure as hell can't please anyone these days, So why even try?

12/15/20, 10:17 AM   #19
LJC77

Might have a hard time getting that land away from Fair Oaks Nathan, but I'm pulling for you, would love a track in my back yard!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/15/20, 10:47 AM   #20
Hustlin-Hoosier

Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJC77 View Post
Might have a hard time getting that land away from Fair Oaks Nathan, but I'm pulling for you, would love a track in my back yard!
I thought he was buying the Ponderosa Sun Club or Sun City ?

2 members like this post: jim goerge, mc/rider
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Race Team or Race Track