Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Maybe he could just use a different name at sign in. How about Blaze Johnson

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
10/5/18, 3:13 AM   #13
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
So would you rather he shows up at the track and then is told he can’t race?
Robert said last week he’s suspended from running at Kokomo for the remainder of 2018 so the idea he’d show up there to race is non-existent.

This is purely Stewart trying to flex his muscle under the blanket of his series to further insult Ballou.

That said, this all needs to end. Robert makes some good points when it comes to safety at times that I very much agree with. Other times, I’m not onboard with what he says at all. Perhaps social media isn’t the best forum to state your issues but the other side is just as guilty of committing the same crime.

People are saying Ballou is just whining. How exactly did Stewart make a name for himself? From the time he became really well know in the open wheel ranks until the time he retired from TRASHCAR he was always vocal whether he was calling out other drivers, the sanctioning body, tracks, tire manufacturers, TV broadcasters, etc. If you think I’m full of if, just check out YouTube.

Furthermore, you’ve got series officials firing back at him and fans on social media and even here on IOW. That’s what your press releases are for, if you’re going to get in a pissin’ match with fans over the internet you’re no better than Ballou calling tracks or series out. If a driver calling out a track is detrimental to the sport than I’d consider series officials or high profile folks like Smoke answering said drivers in an unprofessional manner as just as detrimental.

At the end of the day it’s a sorry situation.

10/5/18, 7:26 AM   #14
motorhead748

I know it doesn't make a difference but my trip to Kokomo that I'd been looking forward to is cancelled.

10/5/18, 8:14 AM   #15
Re: New low for Tony Stewart
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7horse View Post
Ballou would smoke Stewart on any track in a non wing sprint car
With the way Tony has been running this year, Ballou would smoke him with a wing. Carson Macedeo jumped in Tony's car for the first time and won. Shortly thereafter Tony finally got his first win this year, or in quite some time.

2 members like this post: 7horse, jim goerge
10/5/18, 9:22 AM   #16
ossuks

I think all these people complaining about USAC are just auditing for a job there .....Most of you are going hmmmm? But, some of you are going Hmmmm!! Few will see this, fewer will find the humor!

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
10/5/18, 9:28 AM   #17
stoney

What a little *****. hey tony grow some ****!

10/5/18, 9:33 AM   #18
Rpracing1

Just another in a long line of Classless moves by the Stewart organization.

5 members like this post: captrat, Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, streetglider, the visitor
10/5/18, 10:04 AM   #19
K92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Robert said last week he’s suspended from running at Kokomo for the remainder of 2018 so the idea he’d show up there to race is non-existent.

This is purely Stewart trying to flex his muscle under the blanket of his series to further insult Ballou.

That said, this all needs to end. Robert makes some good points when it comes to safety at times that I very much agree with. Other times, I’m not onboard with what he says at all. Perhaps social media isn’t the best forum to state your issues but the other side is just as guilty of committing the same crime.

People are saying Ballou is just whining. How exactly did Stewart make a name for himself? From the time he became really well know in the open wheel ranks until the time he retired from TRASHCAR he was always vocal whether he was calling out other drivers, the sanctioning body, tracks, tire manufacturers, TV broadcasters, etc. If you think I’m full of if, just check out YouTube.

Furthermore, you’ve got series officials firing back at him and fans on social media and even here on IOW. That’s what your press releases are for, if you’re going to get in a pissin’ match with fans over the internet you’re no better than Ballou calling tracks or series out. If a driver calling out a track is detrimental to the sport than I’d consider series officials or high profile folks like Smoke answering said drivers in an unprofessional manner as just as detrimental.

At the end of the day it’s a sorry situation.
Here is the thing, if you are going to gripe about other peoples safety, when is he going to start looking out for his own. look at how close his head is to the top of the roll cage here! the belts stretch during a flip. I know there is another photo circulating the internet somewhere where his car is on his side and his helmet is clearly out of the top of the cage!

and with the rest of this suspension bs, quit
Attached Images
ballou.jpg (59.9 KB, 197 views)

10/5/18, 10:24 AM   #20
chrismattlin

Tony has been a d-bag for a looooong time, so no real surprise there for me. However, this whole episode has just soured me on Sprint car racing in general.

The 'Burg is my home track, I've always loved USAC, and I always enjoy and look forward to my trips to Kokomo. I guess none of the three have any integrity left in my mind, and it's massively disappointing. These are not values that I would hope that the racing entities I support would hold.

I look to my dirt-track open-wheel brethren as a boisterous, ragtag bunch of hellraisers- that's what makes it all attractive to me. All this drama seems to me to be crossing the line of bridling that spirit. It's sad, really.

#FreeBallou

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New low for Tony Stewart