IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Helpful posts
4/11/16, 9:18 AM   #1
Helpful posts
Backitin

Were in a transition here when it comes to our racing.
It has to be nonwing, sprintcar orientated.
I would love a sprintcar, probley not feasible.
I have a lightning sprint, I think theres one race within 5 hrs of us all season.
Was thinking about the STR series, long hauls. Plus the more I study the series the less I like the options. Also my kids would have to race against some the best modified drivers ever, right from the get go. The STR series could use a rookie class.

The recent posts about midgets if anything pushed me away from midgets, theres really no options here besides ardc anyhow. When folks start talking about $ 17,000.00 for a engine while trying to get you to think that's inexpensive, hmmmm. I'd much rather have a v/8 for that kinda money. If you got that kind of money more power to you. Yeah I know I could build my own engine, aint gonna happen. Havent the talent. Most homebuilt engines are time bombs. I know some of the guys on here are great engine builders, your a minority.
Want to help midgets a little, take your personal pissing matchs to pm.
All you guys spending big bucks on a D-1 midget, the above comments don't refer to you.

If I was closer I would 100% support something like Tinders series. We'd make main events and be happy, and wouldn't give a crap about what we were racing against.

All this being said were going to go 600 micro racing when we can swing it.
They're big around here, pulling in up to 40 or more cars at some races.
Hamlin speedway is just down the road. Its a good atmosphere and a nice little 1/5 mile track. They have a rookie class, perfect for my daughter. Talk about grass roots racing, this is it. I'd imagine having to spend $ 5000.00 for a nice race ready car.

Just my thoughts.

4/11/16, 12:09 PM   #2
Re: Helpful posts
darnall

I assume you are in the PA area since ARDC is close to you. If so have you checked out the DMA (Dirt Midget Association). They run stock motored midgets. Most of them were the Olds quad 4 package but it appears they are also allowing ford focus and ecotec packages the last few years. Last I knew they had USAC support, which means good insurance available to members, and cars from that series are all over the classifieds for prices comparable to used lightning sprints.

1 member likes this post: DAD
4/11/16, 5:31 PM   #3
Re: Helpful posts
jeffj

Look at USAC DMA. Races in VT NH and NY. very affordable. Quad 4 and focus engines. Spec RR tire

4/11/16, 9:45 PM   #4
red70racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
Were in a transition here when it comes to our racing.
It has to be nonwing, sprintcar orientated.
I would love a sprintcar, probley not feasible.
I have a lightning sprint, I think theres one race within 5 hrs of us all season.
Was thinking about the STR series, long hauls. Plus the more I study the series the less I like the options. Also my kids would have to race against some the best modified drivers ever, right from the get go. The STR series could use a rookie class.

The recent posts about midgets if anything pushed me away from midgets, theres really no options here besides ardc anyhow. When folks start talking about $ 17,000.00 for a engine while trying to get you to think that's inexpensive, hmmmm. I'd much rather have a v/8 for that kinda money. If you got that kind of money more power to you. Yeah I know I could build my own engine, aint gonna happen. Havent the talent. Most homebuilt engines are time bombs. I know some of the guys on here are great engine builders, your a minority.
Want to help midgets a little, take your personal pissing matchs to pm.
All you guys spending big bucks on a D-1 midget, the above comments don't refer to you.

If I was closer I would 100% support something like Tinders series. We'd make main events and be happy, and wouldn't give a crap about what we were racing against.

All this being said were going to go 600 micro racing when we can swing it.
They're big around here, pulling in up to 40 or more cars at some races.
Hamlin speedway is just down the road. Its a good atmosphere and a nice little 1/5 mile track. They have a rookie class, perfect for my daughter. Talk about grass roots racing, this is it. I'd imagine having to spend $ 5000.00 for a nice race ready car.

Just my thoughts.
First, I like the way you're thinking, looking for different ideas
600 micro racing is a fantastic class and like all racing you can spend as much as you want
The real reason I answered on this topic is because of the perception you have formed about D-2 midgets
If you look at all the noise on here about the D-2 class it is the same 6 to 8 people stirring the pot
In my opinion you don't have to spend 15k on an engine, you can, but you don't have to
I have a D-2 that has been competitive without breaking the bank, I'm not alone, so don't let a handful of keyboard experts sway your thoughts
Good luck in your racing
Jeff Palazzolo

3 members like this post: dctracy79, jim goerge, xoxide
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Helpful posts