IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why Darlabd can’t keep a ride?
8/17/19, 2:45 AM   #31
Re: Why Darlabd can’t keep a ride?
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith8 View Post
Name one sprint car team that the driver is paying for! Sunshine, KTJ, Windom, Grant , Andretti 4J ,2E, 57, 11P TMez Bacon ?? Don’t believe any of these drivers or car owners are paying or are rent a rides. Are there any Allstar or Outlaw guys paying to drive ? I don’t believe so . Only rent a rides I can think of is KKM.
Well, Tim Shaffer is now out of a ride. Shocked is not the term to be used here.

https://speedsport.com/sprints-midge...rudzik-racing/

A quote from the article:

“There are a few out there. That’s the problem nowadays,” Shaffer said. “We don’t have the owners and teams out there like we used to. The teams we do have out there, these younger guys come in with money. I’m just old school. I don’t have that. It is what it is. Not sure what I am going to do.”

3 members like this post: flagboy55, jdull99, tirespinner
8/17/19, 5:40 AM   #32
Non wing lover

Here's four more owners who left usac for whatever reason Tony Stewart at the top of the list will someone please explain what did usac do to piss Tony off this guy many time champion as a driver and owner then all of a sudden he bolts and goes wings he even owns a wing series now here's other owners ditcher fooling and the mcghees and doesn't look like it's getting any better racing needs new owners to come on board whether wing or non

2 members like this post: duel, tirespinner
8/20/19, 1:26 PM   #33
jhenson

Listen to Willie Kahne on the Open Red podcast and he talks about how Kasey was approached by Mopar for the USAC deal. Kasey took the deal mainly to build infrastructure (trucks, trailers, parts, etc) to help the winged program. Winged racing was always the plan, then Mopar bailed on a 4 year contract so he parked the USAC stuff

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why Darlabd can’t keep a ride?