IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW and the Kings Royal
7/21/19, 3:54 PM   #1
ISW and the Kings Royal
flagboy55

At Kokomo last night, while I was thoroughly enjoying probably the best racing on the planet, in between action I was checking my phone to monitor the going’s on at Eldora. It’s been many years since I’ve been to a Kings Royal but I sure hope to go again. I wish that the 2 would not conflict. I’ll bet there’s even some fans out there that had to choose between the two. (Those of your who chose Eldora, your secret is safe with me) Anyway there was a lot going on over there to get excited about. I mean Sammy on the pole, Jac and Sheldon starting alongside each other. And Donny didn’t win! I’m sure the overall racing quality is much better in Indiana this week than anywhere else in the world, but that doesn’t mean there’s not other important racing going on, and the Kings Royal is way up on that list. Hopefully going forward, we won’t have to choose

7/21/19, 4:02 PM   #2
dsc1600

Winner from 6th, 2nd from 12th and 3rd place from 16th. Is the racing in Indiana really that much better?

4 members like this post: midnightrider, motorhead748, smitty3725, tirespinner
7/21/19, 4:23 PM   #3
smith19

the racing at Eldora was really good, I watched it. i'm just glad I watch a variety of racing other than a wingless drc, claxton spec right rear hoosier...

3 members like this post: midnightrider, smitty3725, tirespinner
7/21/19, 4:33 PM   #4
Truphy

I was there and was not disappointed in the races on Saturday. Great racing, especially in the heat races for that third transfer spot. Just wish it wasn’t a dust bowl.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
7/21/19, 4:38 PM   #5
DG68

Yes. It is that much better. Went Eldora Wednesday. Racing was good. But, nothing like Gas City and Kokomo.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/21/19, 4:44 PM   #6
Re: ISW and the Kings Royal
hoosier race fan

The Outlaws have had some fantastic racing this year. I’ve been to a couple of their races this season and watch their highlights religiously. I watch the USAC highlights also. The Outlaws have done a great job developing every driver/team as a unique brand within their series. It’s tougher for me to feel that way about USAC. That isn’t a criticism, just an opinion. One thing that makes it tough (again in my opinion) is that it seems like all but one car in the USAC sprints and midgets is flat black with a black cage and black wheels. That has no bearing on the entertainment of the racing, but more to do with fans connecting to a driver.

7/21/19, 5:03 PM   #7
Therealether

👆this, right here. WoO has an announcer who genuinely sounds excited to be a part of the show, and they do their best to make their shows a true event. Meanwhile, in USAC we're trying to figure out why we can't get a decent (or any for that matter) camera at the finish line

7/21/19, 5:11 PM   #8
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
At Kokomo last night, while I was thoroughly enjoying probably the best racing on the planet, in between action I was checking my phone to monitor the going’s on at Eldora. It’s been many years since I’ve been to a Kings Royal but I sure hope to go again. I wish that the 2 would not conflict. I’ll bet there’s even some fans out there that had to choose between the two. (Those of your who chose Eldora, your secret is safe with me) Anyway there was a lot going on over there to get excited about. I mean Sammy on the pole, Jac and Sheldon starting alongside each other. And Donny didn’t win! I’m sure the overall racing quality is much better in Indiana this week than anywhere else in the world, but that doesn’t mean there’s not other important racing going on, and the Kings Royal is way up on that list. Hopefully going forward, we won’t have to choose
Stirring the pot on purpose, my friend? 😂 I was one that had to choose. Would love to be able to do both in future. Having said that, I feel I made the right choice...cough, cough...Kokomo. 🤷🏻*♂️ But I understand the excitement for the Royal. And I enjoyed watching the charges of Marks and Logan after the Kokomo feature was over.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, rapid robert, tirespinner
7/21/19, 5:39 PM   #9
Re: ISW and the Kings Royal
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
The Outlaws have done a great job developing every driver/team as a unique brand within their series. It’s tougher for me to feel that way about USAC. That isn’t a criticism, just an opinion. One thing that makes it tough (again in my opinion) is that it seems like all but one car in the USAC sprints and midgets is flat black with a black cage and black wheels.
A very good point. Very good. Maybe someone can point that out to the sanctioning body and they can donate paint to the masses? It would definitely help business. Jarett Andretti's maroon and silver throwback car at Gas City looked top shelf Thursday evening.

7/21/19, 5:52 PM   #10
PIT CART

I chose Eldora because living in North East Indiana I get to watch great non wing racing all the time. Now I am sitting in the camper at the Burg getting ready to watch some great non wing racing 🏁

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW and the Kings Royal