IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Floracing
6/5/19, 8:17 AM   #1
Floracing
nonwingkingofkalifornia

So the Roku app is apparently the Red headed step child of floracing. I bought a Roku just to watch USAC racing on my TV. When I signed up, everything worked great. There was a schedule of upcoming races about a month in advance. Right before Indy week, they decided to redo the app. Now no upcoming race schedule at all. I turn it on and have no idea what race is on or when the broadcast starts. I have no interest in watching a race on a 6 inch phone or sitting in my office chair in front of a computer screen for four or five hours to watch a race. Its ridiculous.

6/5/19, 8:23 AM   #2
Kendall2020

Everyone is talking about roku’s and I don’t know why. Lol just take an hdmi cord from your laptop , or desktop and plug it into your tv. Then turn tv source onto HDMI

6 members like this post: Crankin, ISF, itsanonwingthing, Jbaldwin, Jim Gardner, wildman92
6/5/19, 9:05 AM   #3
Re: Floracing
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

on the Roku app, just scroll over to the sports tab and click on it. Then scroll down till you see Racing and click on it and there you go. Will admit the newer version is not as user friendly. And for all you that say just plug your laptop into HDMI..... I Don't Have a Laptop!

1 member likes this post: Will Shunk
6/5/19, 9:15 AM   #4
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall2020 View Post
Everyone is talking about roku’s and I don’t know why. Lol just take an hdmi cord from your laptop , or desktop and plug it into your tv. Then turn tv source onto HDMI
That’s what we do. Works every time (except when we have the laptop muted - oops) 🤣

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing
6/5/19, 10:14 AM   #5
nonwingkingofkalifornia

Open the app on your Roku. What race is on today? What time does the broadcast start? What race in on tomorrow, or Friday or Saturday? What time do they start???

6/5/19, 10:19 AM   #6
nonwingkingofkalifornia

Yeah I want to crawl under my desk in my office and disconnect 10 wires and drag it, my keyboard and a mouse, and my router to my living room, to watch a race, I can Just turn on my Roku and TV to watch. It's not the Roku, floracing took the guide to upcoming races off of the app.

1 member likes this post: Will Shunk
6/5/19, 1:14 PM   #7
ThePurple73

Folks if you have windows 10 and use MS Edge you can open the browser go to the three dots in the upper right hand corner. Click on the Dots. Choose "Cast Media To Device". When you chose this it will list the device you can send the signal to wirelessly. If you have a new TV you will see it show up as a choice, then choose it. Everything that show on your computer will also show on the TV. No cable needed. Just click the full screen option and watch.

When done go back to the three dots and select the choice you made, such as your TV and choose disconnect. Check it out. DLNA technology.

6/5/19, 1:16 PM   #8
badcoupe

I use my phone with a hdmi adapter works flawless every time

6/5/19, 1:56 PM   #9
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
I use my phone with a hdmi adapter works flawless every time
What kind of phone you got?

6/5/19, 2:27 PM   #10
opnwhlmnd

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone. I just stream from my phone to tv via wifi. Picture looks perfect on tv.

I've tried to login to Floracing with the web browser on my tv it will let me type in my user name and password but the enter button will not work so I just use my phone to stream.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Floracing