IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy practice
5/18/19, 2:26 PM   #21
Re: Indy practice
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Why the hell would you give a TV contract to a PPV cable network only to have them not show the coverage you gave it to them to cover without paying more to see it?

5/18/19, 2:44 PM   #22
PIT CART

Thank you Charles 🏁😀 this is what I was thinking all along.

2 members like this post: Bostonian, ThePurple73
5/18/19, 2:50 PM   #23
Brickyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Why the hell would you give a TV contract to a PPV cable network only to have them not show the coverage you gave it to them to cover without paying more to see it?

NBC is covering Preakness today, the Triple Crown and Breeder's Cup are two of their big coverage items. The last hour is on NBCSN today. Tomorrow is on NBC, but will lead into Stanley Cup Finals meaning if there is delay it will go to one of their other properties. These conflicts are going to exist regardless of network. They are fulfilling the contract exactly as laid out. Maybe they can go back to ABC and get absolutely jack in the promotions department?

All races and qualifying, minus the first six hours of today, are shown on NBCSN & NBC. All that is shown on Gold is practice, today's 500 qual session before 5pm, Road to Indy, and on demand races within an hour of the end of the race.
Last edited by Brickyard; 5/18/19 at 2:52 PM.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, Crankin
5/18/19, 6:02 PM   #24
ThePurple73

Charging 40$ to watch qualification day, isn't going to aid in bringing in new fans and thus put more fans in the seats. The per lap timing coverage on the screen was non-existent during the NBC coverage. Worked somewhat during the PPV. Thank goodness for Paul Tracy. The good thing about PPV is no commercials. The Speedway really needs to look at overall messaging and marketing. The product is there, and it was an exciting day. Sad there aren't more fans in the seats. Need to connect with fans new and old.
Last edited by ThePurple73; 5/18/19 at 6:10 PM.

4 members like this post: Bostonian, chrismattlin, jdull99, XtremeLS1
5/18/19, 8:31 PM   #25
wright59

The 40
Dollars covers the entire season just for information. Like I said before, I hate it for the 500 diehards without the expendable income for sure!! But it is a good deal for the entire season. Today was the best day of qualifying drama that I’ve seen in years!

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, dirt330, EBookerFan
5/18/19, 9:20 PM   #26
wright59

If you didn’t think today was exciting than you are not a 500
Fan! It was great and also I go to all the Kokomo races. I just love good racing. If it wasn’t about money i’d Be the greatest ever in my opinion (opinions definitely very tho) just saying Indiana in May!!
We are lucky people. Have a great month race fans and enjoy what we do have!!

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, wallbanger II
5/20/19, 3:12 PM   #27
jdull99

Plenty on regular cable/free over the air network, since this wknd (too much 4 me to keep up with, lol). I missed the practice today, and now can only find the (10!) car speeds from Lights practice. Oh well...will see some later proly when I have more time to look. But either way, hopefully this half hour show will move UP a week next year, to include the practice days! Time will tell. Take what you can get, I say

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/05...ractice-stream

The full field of 33 cars has an important chance to test in race conditions Monday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, in anticipation of the upcoming 103rd Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge. NBC Sports has all the action.

Practice: noon-2 p.m. ET Monday, airing live on NBCSN and INDYCAR Pass on NBC Sports Gold.

Live timing and scoring is available at RaceControl.IndyCar.com.

NBCSN's expanded race-week coverage continues with an encore airing of Sunday's dramatic pole and bump day qualifying broadcast at 2 p.m. Monday. Then, at 6 p.m., "INDYCAR Live from the Indy 500" will air, the first of four nightly half-hour shows running through Thursday to update everything going on leading up to "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing."

At 8 p.m. Monday, the unparalleled documentary "Drive Like Andretti" has an encore showing on NBCSN.

The 103rd Indianapolis 500 airs live beginning at 11 a.m. ET Sunday on NBC and the Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: EBookerFan
5/21/19, 12:52 AM   #28
jdull99

A FULL day of coverage Sunday...idk if this much has EVER been on b4? (it's proly TOO much...like a nascar race! lol)

9:00am-11:00am (L) - Pre-Race - NBCSN
11:00am-12:00pm (L) - Pre-Race - NBC
12:00pm-3:30pm (L) - Race - NBC
3:30pm-4:00pm (L) - Post-Race - NBC
4:00pm-5:00pm (L) - Post-Race - NBCSN
8:00pm-11:00pm (SD/R) - Race - NBCSN

I'm not sure about Carb day yet, tho...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy practice