IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing Suits 3 Layer Nomex at just $465.00
3/19/14, 11:20 AM   #1
Racing Suits 2 Layer Nomex at just $465.00
donwilshe

Factory Direct does save you at least 50%. ProFoxRacing has no dealers so that is why you save so much!
This is the best answer I can give to why the suits are inexpensive. They belong to the SFI foundation and
they have to meet the SFI 3.2A standard and spend thousands on testing every SFI item they sell every 2 years.

Racers and Owners I found a way to save on Racing Accessories for the drivers.

As the season is starting I am in need of two racing suits. I have looked and or bought from Spraco, Simpson, Impact,
Hinchman and they are about $1000.00. Well i found this company called ProFoxRacing. The price is $465.00 for a
commonly used 1 piece 2 layer Nomex SFI-5 Suit. Or check out their 3 layer-5 SFI suit for $325.00

We were looking at buying 1 suit but at this price we are going to get 2 and some of the accessories.

They make SFI approved:

Racing Suits
Racing Shoes
Racing Fire Protectant Underwear
Racing Gloves
Seat Belts
Racing Hoods
Etc Etc Etc..

PROFOX Racing Inc.
10061 Riverside Dr. #326
Toluca Lake, CA 91602
or call 888-776-3695
Website Link: http://www.profoxracing.com
Last edited by donwilshe; 3/19/14 at 8:25 PM.

3/19/14, 6:32 PM   #2
Re: Racing Suits 2 Layer Nomex at just $465.00
PIT CART

I hope they are good suits. Cheap is not always better in my opinion.
Good luck Don

3/19/14, 7:08 PM   #3
throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
I hope they are good suits. Cheap is not always better in my opinion.
Good luck Don
Not when it comes to safety equipment!

3/19/14, 8:26 PM   #4
Re: Racing Suits 3 Layer Nomex at just $465.00
donwilshe

Factory Direct does save you at least 50%. ProFoxRacing has no dealers so that is why you save so much!
This is the best answer I can give to why the suits are inexpensive. They belong to the SFI foundation and
they have to meet the SFI 3.2A standard and spend thousands on testing every SFI item they sell every 2 years.

This is the best answer I can give you. The other suit manufacters sell the suits for the same prices but its to
dealers that double the price and sell to the racer.

3/19/14, 10:25 PM   #5
19racer

I can tell you Hinchman is made right there in Indy at their shop. That's where mine came from

3/20/14, 8:17 PM   #6
coondog

That's funny if anyone thinks manufacturers sell suits to distributors and they double the price. Lets compare apples to apples, not an off the shelf suit price to a custom suit. Along with Hinchman, Impact makes suits right here in Indy. We have had a few people that bought the inexpensive suits and came to us when they fell apart half way through the season. May sound great but we offer a 2 color, 2 layer suit for $599 thats made right here, not overseas.

4 members like this post: Kellen Conover, TQ97, wrtracing
3/20/14, 9:16 PM   #7
donwilshe

Here is a user of the suits called Mr. Dizzy

Suit Demo by Mr. Dizzy
Last edited by donwilshe; 3/20/14 at 9:18 PM.

3/20/14, 10:00 PM   #8
19racer

Video shows a guy walking through a fire. How about a drivers worst fear and that's being strapped into any racing machine after your bell has been rung by a wild crash or flip and unable to free yourself from car. Then you would want the best money can buy til you can be freed and pulled to safety before one starts to burn.
I agree with coondog here. I may not race myself but I do work tracks and I wear one made right here in. Indianapolis for my protection and the drivers. I'd never buy a cheap suit unless you just don't value your life.
My next point take a trip to your local burn unit it will change your mind

3/21/14, 1:53 AM   #9
bloxsidgemotorsport

I just joined here so I could reply on my experience with profox suit.

I had the black 3 layer suit last season and found it to way to heavy the material. It made you feel like you feel like your wearing 10 layers. Recently purchased a new velocita suit and found they way half the weight of the pro fox.

Only other complaint I had with profox is they stunk real bad compared to other suits ive had.

Cheers

Jason

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing Suits 3 Layer Nomex at just $465.00