IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Interesting Twitter Question
9/21/11, 2:27 PM   #21
Re: Interesting Twitter Question
frenchfry

Woah everybody! The point I was trying to make is that something labeled as a national touring series should be such. I firmly believe that the "Traditional Sprints" have a much better product to deliver. Whomever the sanctioning body is needs to be organized enough to deliver across the entire country, for all to see, what in my mind is the best short track racing available.

9/21/11, 2:31 PM   #22
cws9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws9 View Post
The Grain Valley (Missouri) show was pretty good this year. Have a 2 night deal with both sprints and midgets running Lakeside Friday and Grain Valley Saturday.

And with USAC running the Dodge City track, this is right on the way home for most of the teams. Or on the way out there. This is making more sense to me now that I think about it.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/21/11, 4:37 PM   #23
illiNOISE

I'd love to see another non-wing IL Sprint Week. But would there be enough teams and/or fan support for it to be viable? It seems like everyone who attended the La Salle IL Sprint Week show last year raved about it. But everyone who attended that show could have fit into one section of the stands. And we only had 18 cars. Perhaps more importantly, the only "local" driver was Blake Nimee. Maybe a USAC sanction would entice enough of the "late model" fan base to spend some of their money on a series they know less about. Maybe not. The WoO sprints work in non open wheel markets because they have "brand name" drivers. It's a known entity. Non-wing racing, not as much.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/21/11, 7:07 PM   #24
LocalYokel

Pevely for sure. They could run there once a month even and im sure no one would argue.
More races in the south would be cool. Talledega Short track, mississippi, arkansas....
Even though USAC is a "national" organization, I think they should schedual more races within a 5-6 hour drive from Indy. Ohio, Attics, Lima, etc.. Illinois, Farmer city, Fairburry, Jacksonville, Rt. 66... Kentucky, Kentucky lake... Wisconsin, Sun Prarie..
And more dates at all the tracks in Indiana. Even ones not typically associated with openwheel racing. USAC should be putting on at least one show every week or two at a track in Indiana...
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/21/11, 10:50 PM   #25
wideopen24

OHIO....Buckeye Nationals @

Lima
Waynesfield
Eldora
Fremont
Attica
Wayne County

3 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, Jimmydiesel, sc17x
9/22/11, 4:23 AM   #26
Eric Thompson II

I'd love to see a sprint race at Tazewell, Tennessee
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: monkeyboy
9/22/11, 8:10 AM   #27
SteveD

How about a "Follow the Money Tour" and race wherever the track/promoter puts the most on the table. This level of racing deserves a lot more cash than what they are presently running for.

2 members like this post: frenchfry, wideopen24
9/22/11, 9:52 AM   #28
SpfldMile

Being from Illinois, of course I would like to see some stops over here. People have already mentioned most of the tracks, but how about the underutilized half mile at Joliet? There are also some very nice tracks in Missouri, and I'm sure our friends over there would support the Thunder and Lightning division.

9/22/11, 2:23 PM   #29
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

I-55 Raceway; Pevely, MO
Highland Speedway; Highland, IL
Kankakee County Speedway; Kankakee, IL
Hartford Motor Speedway; Hartford, MI
Montpelier Motor Speedway; Montpelier, IN
Kamp Motor Speedway; Boswell, IN (If they open back up)

9/22/11, 3:48 PM   #30
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Gonna throw this out there...

I know this idea would be VERY difficult to achieve but what about taking the current "NATIONAL" USAC Sprint Car Series and have it travel to all corners of the nation with several stops in between.

A National Series... Similiar to WoO.(Single events) and then several regional USAC sprint car series that are located in several parts of the country... maybe something similiar to how UMP does the track santioning?

The local tracks could operate just like they do now, but they would carry a USAC sanction and a regional point fund. This format seems to work for UMP.

If you grow a regional series, you've then got more support for a traveling national series.

Just an idea.

:99::

3 members like this post: dberrio, frenchfry, LocalYokel
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Interesting Twitter Question