IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute ISW Updates
7/14/11, 12:42 PM   #191
Re: Terre Haute ISW Updates
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
there was one for a car that got loose and almost lost it. He saved it and kept going, but they called the yellow seconds before i saved it.
thought it was a nascar yellow for debris.or a catch up yellow for 2nd and 3rd place guys

7/14/11, 12:44 PM   #192
chadd8up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
C'mon, Critter tore up his own car too. Clearly it was an accident. If the green light was still on going into the turn why whould he slow down? Hes a clean racer and a good guy. Accidents happen...
Posted via Mobile Device
lets see if i'm not mistaking the green light comes on after the green flag is thrown and stays on for the duration of the race. there is no white light or a checkered light that is the reason for theses flags to be thrown so you will know when the race is over. i have never seen a flagman throw the checkered flag and turn on the yellow light at the same time so of course the green light would still be on. like i said any idiot knows thats why they have flags to display so the driver will know the race is over. critter was on a race track not driving through downtown terre haute so maybe he should be paying attention to the flags that are being thrown and not watching the stop lights.

7/14/11, 1:10 PM   #193
smokejohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post
Critter Malone wasn't the only one who didn't realize the race was over. Somebody in the stands tried to tell me the race hadn't ended after I left the stands. I thought I was crazy and had stopped watching too early for a second, because that guy convinced me. The green light must have been on or something. As for Coleman, can he be charged with assault and battery or did Critter forfeit those rights via the driver waiver? We know the teams can't sue each other for vehicle damage, but last I checked, assault and battery is a crime. Will such a legal issue impact the Gulick family's upcoming return to New York? Mr. Gulick, please PM me if you need help packing your belongings for your move back to New York. I'm on here a lot, so I should be able to get back to you pretty quickly. No one would tear up his equipment or yours on purpose. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, either.

P.S. When Mr. Stewart has bullied people at the track, I think all he has had to do is donate a respectable sum of money to a charity and I think pay a USAC fine. So I guess there probably won't be any charges, but I wonder how big the fine will be that Mr. Gulick will have to pay for shoving Mr. Malone.
Wow! You are writing a book on the economics of open wheel racing, and suggest the Gulicks go back to New York

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
7/14/11, 1:39 PM   #194
micro94

I agree that accidents do happen but he must of really been in his own little world to miss thw white and checkered both. Not only that doesnt the flagman in USAC give you the 5 to go and so on? I realize you dont glance up at the flagman on every lap but it just makes you think hmmm. Wonder how many sheep he counted exactly before he ran into Coleman.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
7/14/11, 1:41 PM   #195
chadd8up

Quote:
Critter Malone wasn't the only one who didn't realize the race was over. Somebody in the stands tried to tell me the race hadn't ended after I left the stands. I thought I was crazy and had stopped watching too early for a second, because that guy convinced me. The green light must have been on or something. As for Coleman, can he be charged with assault and battery or did Critter forfeit those rights via the driver waiver? We know the teams can't sue each other for vehicle damage, but last I checked, assault and battery is a crime. Will such a legal issue impact the Gulick family's upcoming return to New York? Mr. Gulick, please PM me if you need help packing your belongings for your move back to New York. I'm on here a lot, so I should be able to get back to you pretty quickly. No one would tear up his equipment or yours on purpose. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, either.

P.S. When Mr. Stewart has bullied people at the track, I think all he has had to do is donate a respectable sum of money to a charity and I think pay a USAC fine. So I guess there probably won't be any charges, but I wonder how big the fine will be that Mr. Gulick will have to pay for shoving Mr. Malone.
i have a better idea why don't you and critter malone move to new york and the gulick family stay here. now thats an idea!

1 member likes this post:
7/14/11, 2:09 PM   #196
TeamCGR

This is a great post deana. Always enjoy your lively comments. But I guess we're off your Christmas card list. Seriously, thanks for having the guts to post with your name. Stop by our pit anytime for a t-shirt. I love to meet people with that type of energy.

Pete G.

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: IndyBound, mud goodsleeve
7/14/11, 2:37 PM   #197
OpenwheelRob

Quote:

This brings up something I've wondered about, what if the roles were reversed? Say Critter shoved Coleman? If I'm not mistaken he's 17 I believe someone said. What happens when one of these 'kids' pull a stunt and get 'taught a lesson'? Then will people all scream he's just a kid?

This is just something that made me think of this, nothing to do with this incident I have no dog in the fight. I've just often wondered what would happen in a situation like this. I am all for handling things 'in house' no need for legal matters but what would the census be if Critter had done the same to Coleman in this example. Ya got what you deserved or Awww you're pickin on a kid?

2 members like this post: RedRacer07, Wallsracing
7/14/11, 3:26 PM   #198
Rogue-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenwheelRob View Post
This brings up something I've wondered about, what if the roles were reversed? Say Critter shoved Coleman? If I'm not mistaken he's 17 I believe someone said. What happens when one of these 'kids' pull a stunt and get 'taught a lesson'? Then will people all scream he's just a kid?

This is just something that made me think of this, nothing to do with this incident I have no dog in the fight. I've just often wondered what would happen in a situation like this. I am all for handling things 'in house' no need for legal matters but what would the census be if Critter had done the same to Coleman in this example. Ya got what you deserved or Awww you're pickin on a kid?
I believe he's 18. I saw him race a winged car in NY in May 2007 and I'm pretty sure he was 14.

7/14/11, 4:35 PM   #199
kcarm92

been awile since i ran a usac race but with racecievers dont they tell you when race is over or yellow like they do at bloomington?

7/14/11, 4:46 PM   #200
finishline

thats because my brother doesn't do the radios anymore

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute ISW Updates