IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kalamazoo updates:
7/21/13, 8:41 AM   #11
team3521

I've seen this happen before with auto value super sprints, it sucks!
TJ Slideways posted a really good article about how bad this rule and ruling sucks! And it should be changed now.
Auto value super sprint board of directors, officials, Tom Hartsel, etc. whoever makes the rules, if you're reading this, you need to revise your rule! IT SUCKS! No one is happy about what happened last night, not even Jojo!
Your fans (people that pay your bills) especially are not happy! I for one have seen you screw over a couple of guys in the past with this "oh, guess what, while you're driving into victory lane, we've decided that you didn't win cause you jumped" Bull ***** before and it needs to be changed NOW! Not next year!

Troy, that sucks dude! Sorry you got screwed last night. You deserved the winners check. I would take all 3 of your teams cars and NOT run AVSS again until this rule is changed!

Posted via Mobile Device

7/21/13, 8:45 AM   #12
team3521

TJ Slideways article. I agree with every word of it! Thanks TJ!

http://tjslideways.com/2013/07/21/th...yone-involved/

Posted via Mobile Device

7/21/13, 6:02 PM   #13
Re: Kalamazoo updates:
traviskart

Race Count This Year: 25
Race Count Last Year: 40+

Asphalt is always better than dirt if you want to go slow watch a dirt race.
AVSS sure did no how to mess up a good race. They need to learn how to officiate a race, if the restart was no good than wave it off don't let it stay green. The flagman must have been a flag holder and a not a flagman with any authority .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamby812 View Post
No offense but this is sprint week(non wing and on dirt). Arguably the best week of the year for open wheel(dirt) fans. I don't think very many were concerned or available for updates with how a winged pavement race is going. JMO

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: team3521
7/21/13, 10:58 PM   #14
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviskart View Post
Asphalt is always better than dirt if you want to go slow watch a dirt race.
AVSS sure did no how to mess up a good race. They need to learn how to officiate a race, if the restart was no good than wave it off don't let it stay green. The flagman must have been a flag holder and a not a flagman with any authority .
If you want to take a good nap, watch a pavement race. No passing, all single file, all the same speed, track conditions always the same. If all your after is SPEED and not RACING, then by all means, find the nearest drag strip...

3 members like this post: Hamby812, mowerman, open_wheel_outlaw
7/22/13, 8:07 AM   #15
schwarzracen27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
If you want to take a good nap, watch a pavement race. No passing, all single file, all the same speed, track conditions always the same. If all your after is SPEED and not RACING, then by all means, find the nearest drag strip...
Obviously you weren't at Kalamazoo Speedway Saturday, you missed a hell of show. Lots of GOOD racing. Same could be said for dirt racing though, boring follow the leader racing. Complain bout track prep, etc etc. I was just glad to catch a race, because of work I only had 4 weekends to catch a race this year, and mother nature ruined the other 2 in may. Hoping for good weather Friday so I hit Spartan. And since my 2.5 year old daughter enjoyed the races sat, she's coming along again on Friday.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by schwarzracen27; 7/22/13 at 8:09 AM.

4 members like this post: Danny Burton, fish, mod4s, team3521
7/22/13, 11:00 AM   #16
team3521

To Nathon Hamby and especially Spi-nex,

Both of you should realize that there is a big huge world out there other than the ones that you're living in. There are other types of racing that are just as good or better than ISW and they might be happening at the same time! imagine that! I follow all of it. That's why I'm on this site, to follow all of it! I am a true race fan! Not just one type, all of the different types. Do I have preferences, yes, I do. But I don't get on this website and tell everyone that their choice is wrong.

This site has turned into a dirt, non wing only site and more of a huge beatchfest! I get sick of reading it to be honest. People on here have no idea how lucky they are to be able to live in the United States where we can come and go as we want. You can attend a race, any kind of a race you choose. Wing, non wing, dirt, pavement, whatever you choose. So be happy that you can have that freedom to choose and that you can update the people that cannot be there for whatever reason.

So, the bottom line here is: a quote from Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Think before you speak or in this case write. Have a nice day!

2 members like this post: Dwayne, fish
7/22/13, 11:58 AM   #17
fourteen fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
That sounds like the Lucas Oil race last year at Hartford. Not one pass for the lead. The real deal lead every lap he was in.

I have seen boring locked down at the best dirt tracks around, and some of the best racing as well. And how could you not like the speed of the high banks at winchester and toledo.

We go to races of all types of track sizes both dirt and tar, winged and non winged. As was mentioned, it is great to have the choices we do!

2 members like this post: fish, team3521
7/22/13, 12:09 PM   #18
Predator

The restart takes place at around 2:50 in this video

7/22/13, 1:35 PM   #19
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
To Nathon Hamby and especially Spi-nex,

Both of you should realize that there is a big huge world out there other than the ones that you're living in. There are other types of racing that are just as good or better than ISW and they might be happening at the same time! imagine that! I follow all of it. That's why I'm on this site, to follow all of it! I am a true race fan! Not just one type, all of the different types. Do I have preferences, yes, I do. But I don't get on this website and tell everyone that their choice is wrong.

This site has turned into a dirt, non wing only site and more of a huge beatchfest! I get sick of reading it to be honest. People on here have no idea how lucky they are to be able to live in the United States where we can come and go as we want. You can attend a race, any kind of a race you choose. Wing, non wing, dirt, pavement, whatever you choose. So be happy that you can have that freedom to choose and that you can update the people that cannot be there for whatever reason.

So, the bottom line here is: a quote from Abraham Lincoln: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Think before you speak or in this case write. Have a nice day!
I've seen about every form of racing there is and went into every race with an open mind. I've witnessed different forms of racing across 30 different states. I live in the dirt world for the simple fact that's where I have fun. I have never once had fun at a pavement race, so I don't go anymore. I'm a dirt fan and ONLY a dirt fan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourteen fan
That sounds like the Lucas Oil race last year at Hartford. Not one pass for the lead. The real deal lead every lap he was in.
There was good racing through the rest of the field though. To have a good race doesn't mean you have to have passes for the lead.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kalamazoo updates: