IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Springfield Speedway Book Published... Available now!
10/9/15, 11:46 AM   #1
Springfield Speedway Book Published... Available now!
Smash the Loud Pedal

For any of you who remember the Lil Springfield Speedway that was nationally known, here is a great memory compilation of that little Midwest Speed plant that boasted all of the names in auto racing, Foyt, Unser's, Andretti, Bigelow, Robin Miller, Opperman, so many names that became synonymous with winning.

The book was put together and written by renowned racing author Joyce Standridge with hundreds of photos from the Marvin Scattergood Collection, The Horcher brothers and others.

The book is 148 pages with over 400 photos and many stories and articles documenting the great times at Springfield Speedway! The Springfield Speedway was legendary and operated from 1947 until it's closure in 1987.

This track hosted most all of the great names in auto racing, including names like Foyt, Unser, Andretti, Weyant, Shirley, Standridge, Bauman, Orme, Branson, Lynch, Moughan, O'dell and many many others!

A must have for anyone who ever attended and enjoyed the races on a Sunday night at the midwest speedplant known as Lil' Springfield!

PERFECT CHRISTMAS GIFT for the race fan on your list! $17.00 if picked up or $23.95 if shipped.

We ship only within the Continental United States!

You can obtain a book by contacting Terry Young at Hoosier Tire Midwest (217) 522-1955 or (217) 553-1963
Attached Images
Fast Memories.jpg (291.3 KB, 89 views)
Index1.jpg (206.7 KB, 90 views)
Index2.jpg (208.6 KB, 78 views)

1 member likes this post: EBookerFan
10/9/15, 11:48 AM   #2
Re: Springfield Speedway Book Published... Available now!
Smash the Loud Pedal

Final Index page
Attached Images
Index3.jpg (178.1 KB, 58 views)

10/9/15, 2:57 PM   #3
racerjim2

Is this the same book put out about 25 years ago or another one?

10/9/15, 4:02 PM   #4
JJMooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjim2 View Post
Is this the same book put out about 25 years ago or another one?
Brand new book. I recently got a copy. It’s just chock full of great photos and stories. Well worth the $. Since I moved to the Midwest only twenty years ago, the only thing I know of “Shaheen’s” is from the stories I’ve heard so this book really paints a great picture of the place for me. I just wished I had moved out here sooner so I could’ve seen a race there. I know I would’ve been there every Sunday night.

2 members like this post: ISF, racerjim2
10/12/15, 5:17 PM   #5
Smash the Loud Pedal

Glad you enjoyed itr JJM, it was a labor of love for Joyce Standridge to put it together in a much shorter timeframe thasn normal for a book of this type.

She had to burn the midnight oil to get it finished in time for the Springfield Speedway Reunion that we hosted on August 16th at Lincoln Speedway!

We all sure do miss that little place that provided so many memories and a lifetime of fun for us who were lucky enough to be able to visit it!

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
10/14/15, 11:32 AM   #6
Smash the Loud Pedal

^^^^

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Springfield Speedway Book Published... Available now!