Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Hoosier All 4 Rule
3/21/16, 2:15 PM   #51
Re: New Hoosier All 4 Rule
trecraft

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastaj View Post
Its cost me approx $500/night to run my car the last couple years and I went through 10 tires all year. Even if tires cost $50 more that's just one night i need to stay home to pay the difference, and then can run anywhere I want vs complain. Has anyone followed how many tracks have closed in the last 10 years. Its a business, and businesses must make $ to stay in existence. What if tracks open the tire rule up, but start charging $40-50 entry fees to cover what manufacturers are paying them???? Bottom line is you will pay one way or the other
Fewer and fewer people going to fewer and fewer tracks to see fewer and fewer cars paying more and more. Sounds promising.

1 member likes this post: DirtHawk92
3/21/16, 2:19 PM   #52
Blacki-Suede

I thought the tire manufacturers money was going to the point fund??? So the tire company pays the promoter then charges the competitor more for tires to recoup his money - is that how it works. In my opinion, if a promoter needs money from tire deals to stay in business, he is in the wrong business.

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, TQ29m
3/21/16, 2:53 PM   #53
treecitytornado

Mr.Hair. USAC is still open on 3 corners just so you know.

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, trecraft
3/21/16, 5:47 PM   #54
BrentTFunk

[QUOTE=WhiteCarRacing;441100]Brent, I have a question. So how many tires do you buy. Joe Roush[/QUOTE
None directly, but I spend quite a bit on admissions that contributes to the purse, so hopefully a little of that makes it to somebody's tires.

3/21/16, 7:58 PM   #55
hairracer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Mr.Hair. USAC is still open on 3 corners just so you know.
Thanks for the info JT. I must have miss understood. I thought this was a USAC rule as well.

3/21/16, 10:50 PM   #56
cshuman

The tires rules wouldn't be all that bad if the money from Hooiser actually got to the competitors. I'm fairly certain that was originally Hoosiers idea when this all started, but unfortunately it's not happening. The WAR Series will be putting 100% of the Hoosier money into the point fund this year.

3/22/16, 8:50 AM   #57
WhiteCarRacing

[quote=BrentTFunk;441135]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCarRacing View Post
Brent, I have a question. So how many tires do you buy. Joe Roush[/QUOTE
None directly, but I spend quite a bit on admissions that contributes to the purse, so hopefully a little of that makes it to somebody's tires.
brent, maybe they should charge more for admissions. UNLESS, you show up with 4 hoosiers on your passenger car then you get regular price. BUT if you don't have hoosiers on your car after 3 races you can't be a spectator anymore. hopefully you will get to see a few races before you need a new set of tires.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, K9Racer, RRoberts, trecraft
3/22/16, 9:11 AM   #58
dt65

Thanks Casey.

3/22/16, 10:35 AM   #59
Unlucky#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt65 View Post
Thanks Casey.
You're welcome....... Oh wait you meant the other Casey.

3/22/16, 11:57 AM   #60
hairracer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
The tires rules wouldn't be all that bad if the money from Hooiser actually got to the competitors. I'm fairly certain that was originally Hoosiers idea when this all started, but unfortunately it's not happening. The WAR Series will be putting 100% of the Hoosier money into the point fund this year.
I agree with Casey, it would not be so bad if the money made its way to the owners and drvers. When Ron ran SCRA I always got tow money and he had a points fund along with many other perks.

3 members like this post: Dgentry51, texas red, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Hoosier All 4 Rule