IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW 23 Begins This Week!
7/17/23, 6:54 PM   #11
RACrappieman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I miss making three or four of these every year. and for this year all Im positive on making if family member is doing ok is Burg, I will attempt to get to Circle City if the same holds true. Pushing it on time and distance, but really want to make it. Plus only dirt track in Indiana running sprints, I've never been too.

Best place to sit, best eats etc at Circle City?

I’d sit as high as you can. It’s a small track so there’s not really a bad seat in the house. I typically sit up by the press box. Restrooms and concessions are easy to get to and nice. I hope you’re able to make it.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
7/17/23, 6:59 PM   #12
RACrappieman

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
Circle city has become one of my fav places due to how nice it is, run the TQ there a decent bit. Rocks are much better this year but still see a few. Part of stands have a much higher area that’s good. We’re usually a little closer to 4 so we can get back to pits easier. I think we’re gonna try to hit Kokomo even though it’s a bit of drive, haven’t made it up there this season and it’s my def favorite to watch sprint cars at. Lawrenceburg is closest but the worst track of the schedule in my opinion, track prep is always awful/non existent.

I agree that the rock situation is MUCH better than it was. I really hope this racetrack does well and sticks around for the long haul.

3 members like this post: racefan20, tirespinner, yeleyfan76
7/17/23, 7:21 PM   #13
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by berks co View Post
I have to wait a week to go
I’m going to Terre Haute and the end of the week
Can’t come soon enough
Wise choice going to Terre Haute!! Where sprint cars belong!!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

7/17/23, 8:50 PM   #14
Re: ISW 23 Begins This Week!
Stevensville Mike

I have Circle City circled on my schedule (is that proper grammar?). Maybe we'll run into each other, Charles. I am real easy to find. I'll be wearing a hat.

flagboy55, I'll get back to you via e-mail if I head to Gas City. Kokomo on Saturday is out though, my friend.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, oppweld, tirespinner
7/18/23, 8:57 AM   #15
Pancho Stapp

My group is fired up and ready!! Stopping at liquor store and snag some 30 packs and a bottle bourbon after work. Only thing left is to figure out the menu for the grill and smoker. Tidy up the honey-do list for the wife and then it’s on like donkey kong!! Cya all at the track 🍻🍺🏁

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld
7/18/23, 11:33 AM   #16
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

My ISW starts a Winchester

7/18/23, 12:07 PM   #17
Love dirt

Are there usually RV parking spots available Saturday mid afternoon? at Kokomo.

7/18/23, 1:39 PM   #18
kb78

I have the truck and camper ready!! Starting at Winchester and going all the way through to Haubstadt. I am excited as it will be my first time to some of these tracks and first time in a long time to some more.

7/18/23, 1:40 PM   #19
cmakin

I start my drive up tomorrow. Hitting all of them. Getting tough on these old bones at the start because I have been lazy this past year. . . but I will handle it. I always do. . .

7/18/23, 3:56 PM   #20
Pancho Stapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
And bring someone with you to the race.
We got 2 newbies in tow. Still green to sprint car racing. One made Smackdown last year and the other did some IMW with us. Broke them in to some pavement this year at the Little 500. I try my best to grow the sport, my son is the same way.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW 23 Begins This Week!