IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belleville & Powri
7/30/15, 4:52 PM   #11
Re: Belleville & Powri
Andrew S. Quinn

How many of you are actually going to Belleville?

4 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, mlamb, wrtracing
7/30/15, 4:56 PM   #12
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydesdale View Post
With midget racing struggling, why wouldn't people want to encourage anybody who can to go out and enjoy the event? To try and get Belleville to the event it once was? There's 3 or 4 guys I'm sure will be at Haubstadt that could run up front at the USAC event if there wasn't a conflict.. Which is a lot given what the car counts are for both series. The point about Haubstadt is, they have 3 USAC sanctioned events, and probably shouldn't schedule midgets against one of USAC's biggest midget races of the year, it's the principle. And on top of that, they schedule against 4Crown, which is another big event USAC has. I'm all about getting midget races in Indiana, but I'm sure there's some other dates they could've worked out if they wanted midget races, instead of scheduling against one another. In the end, it comes down to diluting the car counts as a whole for both groups, meaning the fans lose yet again.. Especially when a lot of the top drivers/ car owners run both series.
You keep harping about the 3 USAC races Haubstadt runs If you look all 3 are sprint car races not midget races. How maney midgets did USAC get to run Belleville last year 13 14 seems theres a lot of cars that didn't go west. Some of the best shows I have seen have had 20 cars and it was a great race. You don't have to have 50 cars in every class. I'll stick with Haubstadt & P0wrI

1 member likes this post: mlamb
7/30/15, 5:10 PM   #13
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I'm going to Belleville! (Illinois, that is)!

4 members like this post: DAD, dctracy79, jim goerge, luckybuc97
7/30/15, 5:17 PM   #14
Ratso

Quote:
I am going to Belleville Kansas Saturday night only. Skipping Thursday and Friday this year.

7/30/15, 5:25 PM   #15
BrentTFunk

Quote:
I wish. Been on my bucket list since the 80's.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
7/30/15, 5:43 PM   #16
illinisprintfan

What is the magical number of miles between racetracks before it is no longer considered scheduling against? According to Google maps Belleville is 611 miles from Haubstadt. Teams from St Louis would be traveling 450 miles and teams from Indianapolis would be travelling 650 miles to get to Belleville. Not every team has the budget or desire to travel that far.

5 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, DAD, jim goerge, Red Hat, VSneader2
7/30/15, 5:46 PM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Haubstadt is a big track by Powri standards..................
No insult meant, Just stating whats been put out there over and over.

2 members like this post: Clydesdale, KJHolley
7/30/15, 6:38 PM   #18
Clydesdale

I understand those races at Haubstadt are sprint car races, but my point was that USAC and Haubstadt are business partners, and work together. I think that should earn a little bit of consideration when it comes to big events getting put on. And not only did the conflict happen once, but two times(4crown nationals).

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/30/15, 7:24 PM   #19
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydesdale View Post
I understand those races at Haubstadt are sprint car races, but my point was that USAC and Haubstadt are business partners, and work together. I think that should earn a little bit of consideration when it comes to big events getting put on. And not only did the conflict happen once, but two times(4crown nationals).
So since TSS and Usac are business partners, TSS should tell PowerI No thanks we have USAC races. TSS tried bringing back the Hut 100 a USAC race and couple of times barely had enough cars to have the 33 starters and only did so cuz bout half the field was PowerI cars and how maney PowerI guys do you think are going to go as far as Eldora (4 crown) I think about as many as are going to Kanas, If I worried about car counts, sactions and rainouts I'd missed a hell of a lot of races

2 members like this post: DAD, Flatrightrear
7/30/15, 8:46 PM   #20
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

I'm going to TSS and will see a darn good show. 🏁👍🏻

6 members like this post: Dirtfan, jim goerge, mlamb, oppweld, racedave, rclaridge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Belleville & Powri