IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > no penalties this time
3/26/13, 1:48 PM   #1
no penalties this time
Pat O'Connor Fan

The NAPCAR version of WWE strikes again -- suddenly the "powers that be" down Daytona way have chosen to let Tony's vulgarity-laced tirade go without the penalties the formerly puritanical sanctioning body would have handed out. I seem to remember "Junior" getting socked for letting the four-letter "S" word slip while "live" on TV. I know, I know. Tony's now-famous "interview" had the vulgarity "bleeped" before I turned on the TV to see what my fellow IOWers were posting about. The water bottle throwing and the "punches" thrown were likewise ignored by the Gott (that is a German surmane), I meant France family. Yes, the show will go on.

2 members like this post: dirt330, Mud Packer
3/26/13, 2:36 PM   #2
Re: no penalties this time
awnunn

Funny thing is the Original interview was not bleeped out. it was live as it was happening. I ran my tv back so I could make sure I heard what I thought I had heard. Stewart is a moron plane an simple. Cant wait till someone else says something on TV to see what happens to them. Bet it wont be the same as the Wart got.(nothing)

3/26/13, 2:52 PM   #3
trecraft

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 14

How bad is it when you come across worse that the Busch Brothers?

1 member likes this post: spicoli
3/26/13, 2:55 PM   #4
SamSr32

NASCAR just showed there ignorance and unfair treatment. Tony should have been fined or suspended for that ignorant interview he did on TV. They have proved that it depends who you are on making proper judgements. It is a good thing he didn't say he did not like the new car, that may have cost him $25,000. dollar fine, ask Denny Hamlin.

3 members like this post: awnunn, mowerman, robert gatten
3/26/13, 3:11 PM   #5
the_77H

The day after the race their official website had Stewart and Logano on the front page. Their twitter feed sent out a link to the video of the drama. They can't promote and penalize these guys. I'm not surprised they didn't fine them. Wrecks and fights = ratings. NASCAR likes getting these ratings.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, robert gatten
3/26/13, 3:52 PM   #6
PIT CART

Maybe they shouldn't put a camera and microphone in his face. JMO

Posted via Mobile Device

3/26/13, 4:23 PM   #7
K-Dawg30

What do you expect when you stick a mic in the guys face and ask what upset him when its pretty dang obvious... the media doesnt help theirselves IMO

BTW I hope Tony whips the crap out of that little cry baby, racing on my dadies money, never worked a day in his life piece of crap!

3 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, Pat O'Connor Fan, speed bump
3/26/13, 5:24 PM   #8
cmiracingvids

What's more disturbing is I havnt heard anything about how Denny Hamlin is doing.
Ive heard news about this dumb interview and the fight more than the health of a race driver. Goes to show you where our priorities are as a society.
And only because I looked it up did I find who actually won the dag gone race.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
3/26/13, 6:06 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

"Hamlin suffered a L1 Compression Fracture following an accident on the final lap of Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway.

"Hamlin hopes to be released today to fly to his home in North Carolina where he will be evaluated by Dr. Jerry Petty of Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates later this week."

3/26/13, 6:21 PM   #10
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

I agree with the move on NASCAR's part. If a fine should be handed out. It should go to the reporters that get into Tony's face seconds after the encounter.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: speed bump, sprint96, Xflagman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > no penalties this time