IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The shuffle ...
1/15/22, 8:48 PM   #1
The shuffle ...
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

... is just as stupid as the king of the hill at Smackdown.

1/15/22, 10:17 PM   #2
Re: The shuffle ...
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Invert the whole field! yeah, YEAH!

5 members like this post: CCI, EltoJoe, luckybuc97, PIT CART, rmr6nm
1/15/22, 11:06 PM   #3
R A K

I think they may view it as the lock-in hot laps.

1/16/22, 12:00 AM   #4
Pitdad

Not a huge fan of it, but I have to say this 4 lap, 4 car deal is much better than the 2 lap match race they used in previous years. The match race was all about lane choice. Thorson showed this format actually made for some competition.

1/16/22, 10:36 AM   #5
D Byrd

probably an unpopular opinion... but the shuffle seems like a waste of time on an event that already runs way too long/late, on a track that is already used up. just redraw the lock-ins and be done with it. and for the love of all that is good and holy, do the driver introductions while you're doing the endless (and what ultimately appears to be mostly pointless) final rework of the track prior to the A

1/16/22, 1:46 PM   #6
ossuks

I like the Pole Shuffle. It rewards the winners, give the runner-ups a fighting chance. I HATE REDRAWS at any level, spend thousands, teams work thier ass off, then leave the out come to a pee shake? It appears that they are doing something right when you sell out a venue on a Tuesday night! For years my son tried to convince me how big this event is and I didn't get it. I do now, you can teach an old dog new tricks! If you live on the east coast it is a late ending event, if you live on the west coast you go out for a late dinner after the event.

1/16/22, 2:04 PM   #7
BrentTFunk

I will take any format over a dash. I don't like draws either

4 members like this post: duel, fish, nathans1012, opnwhlmnd
1/16/22, 3:57 PM   #8
badcoupe

I don’t mind the shuffle, thorson ran it hard and was rewarded for his efforts.

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, dirtnonwingfan, erich45, nathans1012, Russ
1/16/22, 5:23 PM   #9
cornerthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Byrd View Post
probably an unpopular opinion... but the shuffle seems like a waste of time on an event that already runs way too long/late, on a track that is already used up. just redraw the lock-ins and be done with it. and for the love of all that is good and holy, do the driver introductions while you're doing the endless (and what ultimately appears to be mostly pointless) final rework of the track prior to the A
Pointless I was there the track took rubber with 10 to go in the B. Fastest lap of the race was 10th place car on the last lap. The first 20 were not the best but you have to give that up for a good track for last 35 laps. And that did not take 3 hour s to rework.

1/16/22, 5:44 PM   #10
Russ

Doesn't matter what they do. Someone will b*tch.....it's what open wheel fans do.

7 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, Ken Bonnema, nathans1012, Oleman61x, Pitdad, rmr6nm
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The shuffle ...