IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ultimate sacrifice from local hero...
2/19/10, 11:47 PM   #1
Ultimate sacrifice from local hero...
john3g

I was just informed by my daughter that one of her closest friends lost her brother this week while he was serving in Afghanistan. He was shot in a fire fight during the latest surge to gain control of the Taliban's strong holds. Marine Private Greg Stultz will be missed by his family and friends and also by a greatfull nation. This has had a profound effect on me, more than I ever thought it would. I mean not that it shouldn't have because it should but it has put some things into perspective for me. Things like putting schedules together or battling with promoters or trying to make that next sale really doesn't mean sh*t when I stop and think about what Americas finest are going thru right now, I mean right at this second! For now on when I start to get pissy about how my day is going I'm going to stop and think about all the Greg Stulz's that are putting it on the line everyday for jerks like me that take what they give us everyday for granted without even giving it a second thought. For this I owe Greg an apology but I won't let it happen again. Rest in peace Greg Stultz a true American Hero!!
Last edited by john3g; 2/20/10 at 12:30 AM.

2/20/10, 12:13 AM   #2
Re: Ultimate sacrifice from local hero...
Bad Dad 54

Yes a true hero in my book. You just can't replace a lost child I feel so sad for those parents.

2/20/10, 12:20 AM   #3
JstAbvVMC

God's Speed brave soldier....Our nation will never forget !!!

2/20/10, 12:29 AM   #4
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I am so very very sorry to hear this news! He is definitely our hero!
John, I totally agree with you! Please don't be so hard on your self though. You are only human after all! Just like so many of the rest of us who take our good lives for granted!
God bless Greg and his family!
Last edited by racegal; 2/20/10 at 12:30 AM.

2/20/10, 12:34 AM   #5
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
I am so very very sorry to hear this news! He is definitely our hero!
John, I totally agree with you! Please don't be so hard on your self though. You are only human after all! Just like so many of the rest of us who take our good lives for granted!
God bless Greg and his family!
It just makes you think. I've been answering a lot of question tonight from my youngest daughter who thought a great deal of him growing up.
It's been hard to explain to her what happened and why. She just doesn't understand. It's going to be a long night for me.

2/20/10, 12:56 AM   #6
ColoradoFan

RIP brave Marine Private Stultz and our heartful condolences to his family. We all know these brave young men are volunteers and pay the price for our continued freedom by their own free will. These are the true heros not some basketball or football star.
Our 21 year old grandson,Marine LCPL Joshua Kaiser, is in Afghanistan now and we pray every day for the safety of him and all the service men and women wherever they are serving in the world. Please join us with your prayers.

Vern & Diane Plotts

2/20/10, 12:57 AM   #7
PAW

If it wasn't for MEN like him , we couldn't do what we LOVE RACE!!!!!! THANK YOU and THE REST AMEN!!!!!

1 member likes this post: billwill7
2/20/10, 1:38 AM   #8
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3g View Post
It just makes you think. I've been answering a lot of question tonight from my youngest daughter who thought a great deal of him growing up.
It's been hard to explain to her what happened and why. She just doesn't understand. It's going to be a long night for me.
That is so sad! I will include you and your family, Greg's friends, in my prayers. My heart goes out to all of you!
Last edited by racegal; 2/20/10 at 1:39 AM.

2/20/10, 2:29 AM   #9
Jerry Shaw

One thing is for sure. This young man's family and friends will forever remember their young Marine as a great man. One who gave the ultimate sacrifice and left this world displaying the level of valor that will make all Marines that came before him and those that will come after him, proud. Semper Fi Corporal Greg Stultz.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 2/21/10 at 2:34 PM.

2/20/10, 8:05 AM   #10
BIGEBUDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3g View Post
I was just informed by my daughter that one of her closest friends lost her brother this week while he was serving in Afghanistan. He was shot in a fire fight during the latest surge to gain control of the Taliban's strong holds. Marine Private Greg Stultz will be missed by his family and friends and also by a greatfull nation. This has had a profound effect on me, more than I ever thought it would. I mean not that it shouldn't have because it should but it has put some things into perspective for me. Things like putting schedules together or battling with promoters or trying to make that next sale really doesn't mean sh*t when I stop and think about what Americas finest are going thru right now, I mean right at this second! For now on when I start to get pissy about how my day is going I'm going to stop and think about all the Greg Stulz's that are putting it on the line everyday for jerks like me that take what they give us everyday for granted without even giving it a second thought. For this I owe Greg an apology but I won't let it happen again. Rest in peace Greg Stultz a true American Hero!!
Truly a Great American, RIP Greg.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ultimate sacrifice from local hero...