IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chilli Bowl Q?
1/14/10, 8:38 AM   #1
Chilli Bowl Q?
Quantrill

We plan on going for Sat. races. I have never been and was wondering can I guy Grand Stand Tickets that day? How much are they and can I pay extra to get into the pits? If I just buy a pit pass for Sat. is there a place to watch the races from the pits? How much are pit passes?

Thanks,Q

1/14/10, 8:51 AM   #2
Re: Chilli Bowl Q?
sprinter25

Most likely, Saturday's grandstand seats are SOLD OUT......but you may be able to get some from a scalper outside the event. From what I understand, there's limited viewing of the track from the pits. I'm pretty sure that you can buy a pit pass, but you may not see the races from there..

www.chilibowl.com

1/14/10, 9:49 AM   #3
aXe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
We plan on going for Sat. races. I have never been and was wondering can I guy Grand Stand Tickets that day? How much are they and can I pay extra to get into the pits? If I just buy a pit pass for Sat. is there a place to watch the races from the pits? How much are pit passes?

Thanks,Q
not being there this year, in the past they had a large screen TV in the pit area, pits were kinda sold as a standing room only area? But it seems they had a deal if you had a stands ticket you could buy a pit pass?
I under stand there are plenty of scalper tickets avail this year. just out side the main entrance. All the tickets were sold out in about a week early last year. Actual pit viewing areas are minimal at best and you have to stand.
aXe

1/14/10, 2:33 PM   #4
outsider

Quote:

Thanks,Q
Unless you are with a car that is competing, STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE PITS!!! Way to many people in the pits anymore at races who have ZERO to do with any car, safety crew or sanctioning body.

Organizations need to put a stop to this IMMEDIATELY before someone gets hurt or killed for not knowing where the HELL they can or can't be.

1/14/10, 5:32 PM   #5
Hawker

You can ALWAYS find tickets for sale out front.

1/15/10, 7:59 AM   #6
Quantrill

Hey Outsider what pit are you going to be in? I will make sure I look you up! Until the Chilli Bowl officials change the policy of who gets in the pits and who does not I guess you will just have to DEAL WITH IT!!

Q

1/15/10, 6:45 PM   #7
bobO

Quote:
Hey Outsider what pit are you going to be in? I will make sure I look you up! Until the Chilli Bowl officials change the policy of who gets in the pits and who does not I guess you will just have to DEAL WITH IT!!

Q
you may not like the way he said it but he has a GREAT POINT !!!! as 4 deal with it keep that in mind as the right rear rolls over your backside because you were in the way be safe have fun

1/16/10, 11:04 AM   #8
miledirt

I saw scalpers or people selling on Thursday night. Friday night all I saw were people looking to buy. Sellers may have been there, I just didn't see them.

1/16/10, 11:35 AM   #9
Lucky161

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobO View Post
you may not like the way he said it but he has a GREAT POINT !!!! as 4 deal with it keep that in mind as the right rear rolls over your backside because you were in the way be safe have fun
I agree with you and outsider. The pits are a work place and spectators should not be in the pits. And from a spectating point of view, the pits are literally the "pits" when it comes to seeing the races.

1/17/10, 5:27 PM   #10
Quantrill

I would say everything is great the way it is. The fans can come into the pits see there favorite drivers and crew at work. No one that I saw was in the way of any driver / crew. To me being a nebie at the chilli bowl the pits set up is part of the show. I would not change a thing even if I was racing there. All cars had there own space to work in NO fans cross that line that I saw. To me the biggest problem with pitting is the fellow next to you not the fans walking around. What a great event!! I cant wait to go back into the pits next year!!

Plus if you limit your pit pass sales to only people who are racing and there families then who would you sell your old tires to?

Q

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chilli Bowl Q?