IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ultimate sacrifice from local hero...
2/20/10, 9:31 AM   #11
Re: Ultimate sacrifice from local hero...
SpfldMile

John, all of our soldiers are over there putting it on the line for the exact reason that they want us to be able to do the things we want to make us happy. This young man made the ultimate sacrifice, and we are all indebted to him. Make sure you thank a veteran when possible, past and present.

1 member likes this post: racegal
2/20/10, 10:52 AM   #12
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpfldMile View Post
John, all of our soldiers are over there putting it on the line for the exact reason that they want us to be able to do the things we want to make us happy. This young man made the ultimate sacrifice, and we are all indebted to him. Make sure you thank a veteran when possible, past and present.
I will never forget the lesson that I have learned. I needed to be shocked back into reality. I needed to be reminded of what these men and woman are doing and what they are going through while I sip my coffee and complain about there being nothing on TV and I only have 250 channels or my internet server is down. I'll stop and think of people like Private Greg Stultz and Marine LCPL Joshua Kaiserrivate and try to imagine what they are going through. Yes sir, I'll remember this lesson and I will do my best to honor them at every one of our races in some way but it will never be enough. (This would be great place for an American flag icon or one of our military's symbol icon. just a thought.)
Last edited by john3g; 2/20/10 at 10:54 AM.

2 members like this post: oldtimer, racegal
2/20/10, 11:47 AM   #13
nowings4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3g View Post
I was just informed by my daughter that one of her closest friends lost her brother this week while he was serving in Afghanistan. He was shot in a fire fight during the latest surge to gain control of the Taliban's strong holds. Marine Private Greg Stultz will be missed by his family and friends and also by a greatfull nation.
May God bless the family and friends of this fine soldier. My wife and I have a nephew that has been to Iraq twice, and is now in Afghanistan. It kind of gets under my skin that we as a nation are losing our sons, daughters, and other family members there. But, our nephew assured me that he feels we are there for the right reasons. So, I have to have faith in what he said. We should all make a big effort to think of them and pray for them every chance we get. It only takes a minute to ask God to protect them. We can't understand why bad things like this happen to great people, but I believe that God will let us understand in the end.

5 members like this post: IndyBound, mtek56, Mud Packer, PJ Wright, racegal
2/20/10, 12:44 PM   #14
IndyBound

For those of us that don't have a family member serving overseas, we tend to forget or overlook the sacrifices our military families are making. Not only the solider putting his life on the line for us but also his family make great sacrifices on a daily bases for us to have the freedoms we seem to take for granted. My thoughts, prayers and heartfelt condolences are with this brave soldiers family. RIP Greg!

God Bless his family,

Patti

3 members like this post: Mud Packer, PJ Wright, racegal
2/20/10, 2:02 PM   #15
bobO

GOD SPEED HERO! rest in peace , you,ve earned it

2/20/10, 5:11 PM   #16
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Thakyou for this post; it shows us when it's all said and done us Americans still care about our Men & Women serving in the United States Armed Forces.

1 member likes this post: racegal
2/20/10, 7:22 PM   #17
ChaplainJackie

To Private Greg Stultz family, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son.
I can offer you the comfort of the Words of God describing a home for us
with Him when we are no longer on this earth. The bible only gives a few
glimpses of this heavenly abode. Heaven is a place prepared for believers
(John 14:1-3), a place without sorrow, darkness or any kind of sin (Rev. 21:1-7).
In heaven, we will be like Christ; yet we will be able to recognize one another
(1John 3:2). The most improtant thing about heaven, however, is the presence
of God. We will be with Him forever. I pray for Gregs family the peace that only God
can give. The peace that surpassed all understanding. Father God help this family in
their grief to look up to you. Your son King David in the mist of his sorrow wrote this
in the book of psalms 121:1-2.
I will lift up my eyes to the hills
From where my help comes from
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made Heaven and earth
I ask you God that you put a hedge of protection around our American soldiers, where
ever they are tonight comfort them, give them a sense of awareness that they know
can only come from You, hold them God just like their family would. Thanks you God
for the love and peace you have for Gregs family. Please help them to accept You and
Your ways. In Jesus name I pray in faith
Amen

2 members like this post: racegal
2/20/10, 8:34 PM   #18
Larry G.

Private Stultz, I salute you.

2/21/10, 2:47 AM   #19
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaplainJackie View Post
To Private Greg Stultz family, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your son.
I can offer you the comfort of the Words of God describing a home for us
with Him when we are no longer on this earth. The bible only gives a few
glimpses of this heavenly abode. Heaven is a place prepared for believers
(John 14:1-3), a place without sorrow, darkness or any kind of sin (Rev. 21:1-7).
In heaven, we will be like Christ; yet we will be able to recognize one another
(1John 3:2). The most improtant thing about heaven, however, is the presence
of God. We will be with Him forever. I pray for Gregs family the peace that only God
can give. The peace that surpassed all understanding. Father God help this family in
their grief to look up to you. Your son King David in the mist of his sorrow wrote this
in the book of psalms 121:1-2.
I will lift up my eyes to the hills
From where my help comes from
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made Heaven and earth
I ask you God that you put a hedge of protection around our American soldiers, where
ever they are tonight comfort them, give them a sense of awareness that they know
can only come from You, hold them God just like their family would. Thanks you God
for the love and peace you have for Gregs family. Please help them to accept You and
Your ways. In Jesus name I pray in faith
Amen
Thank's to all IOW'ers. I have sent a link to Gregs sister so that she can show her mother. Thank you all so much.

2/21/10, 3:27 AM   #20
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Btt - Back To Top. All American HEROS at the top.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ultimate sacrifice from local hero...