IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute
5/1/16, 7:09 PM   #21
Re: Terre Haute
markmckeon

I'm grateful, but unworthy. I'd like to thank the Academy for this honor and my mother for teaching me how to read.

5/1/16, 7:32 PM   #22
kcarm92

Guess right today we have rain in terre haute right now with thunder

2 members like this post: Hammer, jim goerge
5/1/16, 8:42 PM   #23
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

When was the 2009 race everyone is referring to run? I apparently wasn't there as my records don't show me attending anything but USAC races at Terre Haute that year. I suspect it was run the next day after the USAC race at Lawrenceburg on April 18th and I probably was not up to making the trip to Terre Haute .

5/1/16, 8:52 PM   #24
Sandy Lowe

Is this the race?
MSCS SPRINT CARS:
Terre Haute Action Track - Terre Haute Indiana
June 14, 2009

First Heat - 7 Jon Sciscoe, 3c Kyle Cummins, 11w Ricky Williams, 39G Matt Goodnight, 26x Jonathan Vennard, 5B Chase Briscoe, 21E Eric Krockenberger, 82 Nick Landon, 7k Kyle Krockenberger, 70 A.J. Martin

Second Heat - 81 Robert Ballou, 71Damion Gardner, 32 Chase Stockon, 10 Aric Gentry, 21K Shawn Krockenberger, 58 Jamie Frederickson, 79 Matt Hunphrey, 98G Ron Gerhardt, 4A Marc Arnold, 42K Darren Krockenberger

Third Heat - 53 Jon Stanbrough, 38 Jeff Bland Jr, 48 TY Deckard, 12 Dusty Wright, 28 Brandon Mattox, 10F Blake Fitzpatrick, 57R J.T. Stapp, 25N Adam Nigg, 59 Craig Budde

B-Main - None Held. All cars transferred to the feature.

A-Main (30 Laps) - 53 Jon Stanbrough, 71 Damion Gardner 3c Kyle Cummins 11w Ricky Williams, 81 Robert Ballou, 10F Blake Fitzpatrick, 48 Ty Deckard, 32 Chase Stockon, 5B Chase Briscoe, 26x Jonathan Vennard, 25N Adam Nigg, 12 Dusty Wright, 21E Eric Krockenberger, 38 Jeff Bland Jr., 79 Matt Humphrey, 39 Matt Goodnight, 7 Jon Sciscoe, 10 Aric Gentry, 21k Shawn Krockenberger, 82 Nick Landon, 28 Brandon Mattox, 70 A.J. Martin ,7K Kyle Krockenberger, 58 Jamie Frederickson, 57r J.T. Stapp, 98g Ron Gerhardt, 4A Marc Arnold, 59 Craig Budde, 42k Daren Krockenberger DNS

-----

SCORA

Robbie "The Rocket" Shuttleworth wins the Union Hospital Classic at the Terre Haute Action Track on June 14th. The Terre Haute Action Track lived up to it's name Sunday afternoon and evening as fifteen year old Robbie "The Rocket" Shuttleworth of New York battled his way to victory lane. Robbie has been racing winged cars and visiting victory lane frequently at Gennesse Speedway in Batavia, New York until just a few weeks ago. You' ll be seeing more of "The Rocket" as they are moving their race team to Brownsburg, Indiana to go non wing sprint car racing.

The cars of Suttleworth, Dusty Wright, and Alex Coonan were battling for the lead coming off turn four heading for the checkered flag when Coonan's car launched into a series of violent flips. Alex was transported to nearby Regional Hospital for examination.

The top five were: Shuttleworth, Dusty Wright, Chase Stockon, Jamie Frederickson, and Alex Coonan crossing the start finish line tumbling. Alex Coonan took the SCORA points lead from J. T. Stapp who damaged his car in a five car flip on lap one of the MSCS feature. He was unable to repair his sprinter in time to start the SCORA feature.

The rain delayed Union Hospital Classic almost didn't happen as the track received over 4" of rain in several downpours Saturday afternoon and evening. Track crews reworked the track to the point where it could be driven on and asked for volunteer race fans in the stands to bring their four wheel drive vehicles out to help wheel pack. Over twenty race fans answered the call and helped wheel pack the soft clay to the point cars could be put on the track. The "Doctor of Dirt" Tommy Helfrich from Tri-State Speedway jumped into the mix and drove just about every piece of equipment the Action Track had available helping save the show. Due to the soft conditions the track developed rough ruts in turns two and four and there were several crashes as a result. The 30 lap MSCS race took almost two hours to run with multiple red flags and cautions including a fuel stop. The ILMS late model race was also plagued with multiple cautions and a red flag with their 15 lap feature taking almost an hour to complete.

The SCORA sprint cars put on an excellent race with several challenges at the front and throughout the pack. The was only one caution for Chase Stockon who came to a stop in turn 3 after challenging for the lead. He was able to race his way back to a third place finish. They only other problem came as the cars were coming to the checkered flag with the Coonan flip. Fans who weathered the delays from the rain and the resulting additional track prep time wee witness to some great racing action.

It ws great to see the SCORA teams all pitching in and helping each other out in the pits. Parts were loaned and barrowed and teams helped each other make repairs on those cars that were repairable from damage they received running the MSCS race. Nice job guys, that is what this deal is all about.
www.hoseheads.com
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 5/1/16 at 8:54 PM.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, kcarm92, ronmil
5/1/16, 9:12 PM   #25
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Must be. I guess I missed this one because I attended a USAC midget race at Lawrenceburg the night before and the weather may have been doubtful, so I skipped it. Thanks for posting the results!

5/1/16, 10:11 PM   #26
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
When was the 2009 race everyone is referring to run?
Apparently it was the MSCS race originally scheduled on 2 May. I have a note indicating there was too much water on the track so it was rescheduled for Sunday 3 May. I show a rainout for that day and rescheduled for 13 Jun. That was rained out and they ran it on Sunday 14 Jun..............I think.

5/1/16, 10:13 PM   #27
treecitytornado

This was the show. It rained out on Saturday and we came back Sunday.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/1/16, 11:28 PM   #28
jim goerge

Sandy that's the one. I don'r know the date outside of it was suppose to be run on Saturday afternoon and a hard thunderstorm hit so they ran the race the next day Sunday.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute