IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #11 2/1/24 8:48 PM
See below
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #12 2/1/24 8:51 PM
Originally Posted by DJlives:
USAC has ran very efficient shows for years now yet somehow the narrative remains that they drag matters out. Kirk Spridgeon keeps track of the length of every USAC show and takes that very seriously.
Usually it is the support classes that drag it out,unless you have 6 cars and Rich Pratt is the show!
2 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Ilovedirttrackracing
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #13 2/1/24 8:59 PM
Originally Posted by interpreter66:
Usually it is the support classes that drag it out,unless you have 6 cars and Rich Pratt is the show!
That was some good stuff!

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
2 Likes: interpreter66, luckybuc97
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #14 2/1/24 9:50 PM
The announcers on Flo on Tuesday Night (1/30) at Ocala pointed out as the green flag flew for the Lucas Oil Late Models A Main, it was 8:30 p.m. EST.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #15 2/1/24 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
The announcers on Flo on Tuesday Night (1/30) at Ocala pointed out as the green flag flew for the Lucas Oil Late Models A Main, it was 8:30 p.m. EST.
Started at 5:30

Charles Nungester
  #16 2/2/24 9:45 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Started at 5:30
I guess it all gets down to what one wants to call the start, eh? Hot laps? Quals? First heat? Either way it was quick work aided by an early start. A Tuesday Night might have had something to do with it, too.

But after attending many versions of the Timex 24 Hours at Butler over the years wherein I grew a beard from hot laps to the end of the show, I appreciate a fast moving program.

4 Likes: flagboy55, interpreter66, PIT CART, progressive22
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #17 2/2/24 9:58 AM
But after attending many versions of the Timex 24 Hours at Butler over the years wherein I grew a beard from hot laps to the end of the show, I appreciate a fast moving program.[/QUOTE]

Back in the eighties when NASCRAP was actually racing, we used to go to the Rockingham 500, where it was like the 24 hours of Rockingham. Even when they cut it to 400 miles, it wasn't much different. None the less, that was a great track.

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
  #18 2/2/24 10:42 PM
I can vividly remember about 10-12 years ago getting in my van to leave Butler after the sprint feature. It was 1:45 a.m. As I was climbing in, I could hear the speakers from the track. They were waving the green flag for the modified feature.

openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #19 2/2/24 10:57 PM
I can remember in the 70’s showing up at Terre Haute and yes, Eldora at 11:00 AM for noon hot laps, and the feature getting the checkers at 7:00 PM. In today’s world, any show that lasts longer than about 3-3.5 hrs. From start of hot laps to conclusion of the event is too long. People just won’t tolerate anything much longer than that.
5 Likes: Dirtfan, Love dirt, PIT CART, Stevensville Mike, WinglessLovers
sp6967 (Offline)
  #20 2/3/24 8:26 AM
people's attention span these days is only as long as a 15 second tik tok video.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
8 Likes: bighd0522, Hubie48, interpreter66, PIT CART, Russ, skids59, Stevensville Mike, TNRustler