IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo has it right
7/29/18, 3:02 PM   #1
Kokomo has it right
david mitchell
Banned

Another ISW has come and gone.I have only one opinion.😹All tracks should have Kokomo Speedway policy on seating.Open at certain time,and everyone goes in then.End of story.No tape,no blankets,no cushions,no yellow crime scene tape.When one gets to a Speedway at one in the afternoon and it looks like five thirty because all of the seats down and tape everywhere,I believe we have a problem.I used to be opposed to this policy,but no more.It has run out of control.Everyone should have equal chance at locations.If need be,sell reserved seats.

7/29/18, 3:10 PM   #2
Re: Kokomo has it right
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Kokomo has it right on seating, no doubt. Now can they fix another issue? How about some police directing traffic when exiting the speedway. And an overhead light where fans are walking to the camping area. It's very dangerous trying to get to your car near the campground and then even more exiting on to the road. With that big of crowd, surely they could afford some traffic control. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

2 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, tirespinner
7/29/18, 4:51 PM   #3
hoosier sprinter

Pleasantly surprised putnamville had arranged traffic control. Bloomington needed it bad as big as that crowd was. Great week as always and thought Dr. Pat's words on Sheldon and Rex were very well done, proving once again how fortunate we Hoosiers are to have him and Brad on the mics.

7/29/18, 5:02 PM   #4
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
Kokomo has it right on seating, no doubt. Now can they fix another issue? How about some police directing traffic when exiting the speedway. And an overhead light where fans are walking to the camping area. It's very dangerous trying to get to your car near the campground and then even more exiting on to the road. With that big of crowd, surely they could afford some traffic control. It's a disaster waiting to happen.
EMA does traffic control at the Smackdown, but were unavailable for SprintWeek.

5 members like this post: jim goerge, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, tirespinner
7/29/18, 9:41 PM   #5
Jonr

For the larger shows, reserved seating should be the way to go. It amazes me that more tracks don't do reserved seating for the big shows. I will gladly pay an extra $5 to $10 more to know that I have a good seat. It is a revenue stream that most tracks do not take advantage of.
Last edited by Jonr; 7/29/18 at 9:42 PM. Reason: grammar

7/29/18, 11:34 PM   #6
DICNJAN

make a section for stadium seats only ..

5 members like this post: billw, oppweld, Steve Wendel, WinglessLovers, wright59
7/29/18, 11:40 PM   #7
flagboy55

David, surely you have more than one opinion!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, oppweld
7/30/18, 4:13 AM   #8
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
David, surely you have more than one opinion!
DON"T ENCOUAGE HIM lol

7/30/18, 9:02 AM   #9
ISF

The stadium seats issue has been beat to death but I'm compelled to pile on since we witnessed an unfortunate issue first hand during ISW.

We sat in the upper bleacher section at LPS and two rows in front of us was a couple who had stadium seats that hung at least 8" (maybe more) beyond the rear edge of the seating plank. The folks setting directly in front of us had to move due to the fact that there was literally no place to put their legs. The people with the stadium seats were oblivious and completely uncaring. Luckily the couple that had to move found usable seats in a very tight seating situation.

Anderson Speedway has it right. They do not allow stadium seats at The Little 500. That would certainly be a prudent policy for ISW tracks to enact since all venues experience extraordinary crowds for those events.

LPS certainly has a unique parking arrangement, which is to say there is none.
Last edited by ISF; 7/30/18 at 9:05 AM.

7/30/18, 2:51 PM   #10
drummerJ99

As someone who's wife has back pain, she loves her stadium seat. I know it'd be more money but i'd personally rather see reserved nicer seating or all seats have back railing/rest.
Last edited by drummerJ99; 7/30/18 at 2:59 PM.

1 member likes this post: bigq11
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo has it right