Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 crown
9/26/23, 1:04 PM   #11
Re: 4 crown
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbowl View Post
Not to take anything away from anyone, but the top 4 running sprint cars fell out in 2011, 3 ran over debris including the leader with 5 to go and an insurmountable lead.

Yeah but Kyle started 12th In a car that wasn't winning much around that time because everyone else had dropped the coilovers by then.

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Fumanchu
9/26/23, 2:58 PM   #12
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Wish they would go back to modifieds. I know they won’t but the winged sprint races were terrible until the last few laps of the A-main when the leader inevitably gets help up in traffic. That doesn’t make for a good show in my book.
I will take the wing cars over the modifieds any day. Didn't like the late models either. Having to endure modified qualifying was brutal. I liked the old USAC stock cars the first years that I went. From the looks of the crowd, I wouldn't change a thing if it was my track.

9/27/23, 12:21 PM   #13
BrentTFunk

I was lucky enough to be at all 3 sweeps. Each were impressive in their own way. Logan has been struggling in the sprint car until the last few weeks. He is in another tight Silver Crown battle, and the biggest field ever shows up. Although not a huge midget car count, the quality was real strong.
Kyle had never seen Eldora before that weekend. Eldora is a place where experience always seems to help. Yes he caught some breaks, but that is racing.
Jack had a ton of experience at Eldora, but no one was expecting him to win in the midget. His win in the mod was a given. he pretty much won every time he was in it at Eldora. All 3 were equally exciting, and deserve the same amount of praise.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 9/27/23 at 12:27 PM.

9/27/23, 4:14 PM   #14
flagboy55

If they were ever to take the Allstars out of the mix, which I enjoy them, I wish it would go back to the Late Models. Having been to the first one and almost all since, that was my favorite incarnation of the event being a LM fan also. Back when it was a 3 day event, Billy Moyer missed the Friday night portion and had to start at the back of the B and transferred and then won the A Sunday afternoon. Good stuff

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Love dirt
9/27/23, 6:33 PM   #15
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
If they were ever to take the Allstars out of the mix, which I enjoy them, I wish it would go back to the Late Models. Having been to the first one and almost all since, that was my favorite incarnation of the event being a LM fan also. Back when it was a 3 day event, Billy Moyer missed the Friday night portion and had to start at the back of the B and transferred and then won the A Sunday afternoon. Good stuff
I've only met you once,I knew there was something different about you.."LM fan also".

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 9/27/23 at 7:41 PM.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing
9/28/23, 4:59 PM   #16
flagboy55

Good observation Dan. I’ve said it before but this part of Indiana is/was Late Model country. My family heritage has always been open wheel, but with Cown Point/ Southlake/Broadway Speedway, Rensselaer, Kankakee, and Santa Fe all running fender’s on a regular basis the environment rubbed off some

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, Grocery Guy, WinglessLovers
9/29/23, 6:06 AM   #17
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Wish they would go back to modifieds. I know they won’t but the winged sprint races were terrible until the last few laps of the A-main when the leader inevitably gets help up in traffic. That doesn’t make for a good show in my book.
Go back to mods and I’m staying home!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PIT CART, ROSCO
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 crown