IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TriState
6/5/23, 2:13 PM   #51
Re: TriState
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

midget week has always had less attendance than sprint week by far and quite honestly, Im not sure I'd attend just for midgets. (Except for midget week 2020) which was the first events of the year and was so called limited to 50% capacity.

The first midget week date was on a monday at Lawrenceburg on the old track, I bet there wasn't two hundred in the stands, I was kinda surprised to lived. Of course Sprint week wasn't as big as it is with USAC before they took over. Oh they had car counts, But purse and fan count wasnt even close.

6/5/23, 2:15 PM   #52
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
Well I guess with what your saying, facts must be lies? Camera views from Flo showing less and less attendance must be camera magic? Several several people on here that goes to TriState regularly and talk about it on here how the attendance is down must also be liars? Now were gonna bring up Covid? Really digging deep for excuses except the obvious that people are over and some done with the hour plus farming show.

Oh the rain? Interesting that now comes into play. Indiana had its worst drought in 2022 since 2012. Furthermore Indiana's rainfall and water table is lower then it ever has been at this point in the year, late May/early June. Dryest Spring on record in Indiana for 2023. Hmmm, Haubstadt must be hogging all the rain from the rest of the state, no wonder Indiana had a drought last year and is headed in the same direction again this year. Oh wait meteorologist lying too?

I'm gonna get ready to go to Indy and be a part of low attendance bc it's a Monday. Enjoy your day!!
Can you read? Jerry Shaw was agreeing with you about attendance: "Last night's crowd sucked. It was shockingly low" Or do you just like to argue?
"Can't handle the truth"??? Thats the same line that a much despised complainer on Hoseheads always uses... means nothing. Maybe you suffer from the same mental disability?
Don't "multi-task"... enjoy your fishing OR the races & stop whining, OK?

6 members like this post: captrat, Chief Wahoo, Dale, erich45, Grocery Guy, OnTheHammer
6/5/23, 2:29 PM   #53
Vookie

The week before the Memorial Day holiday had races just about every night. There is only much money a fan can spend on attending a race. The sport of dirt track racing is a niche sport. The fan base isn't that large to begin with.

5 members like this post: captrat, Charles Nungester, Dale, dkdorkboy, Sandy Lowe
6/5/23, 2:49 PM   #54
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
The week before the Memorial Day holiday had races just about every night. There is only much money a fan can spend on attending a race. The sport of dirt track racing is a niche sport. The fan base isn't that large to begin with.
That and over saturation, I mean not only do we have WoO and All Stars but High limit , Lucas Oil and WoO LM's and Castoroil night in America.

The local show don't stand a chance.

2 members like this post: captrat, Sandy Lowe
6/5/23, 2:58 PM   #55
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Maybe you should just stick to fishing You weren't there, but obviously have enough time to bash/post after 1 in the morning and then back at it after 9am to almost Noon. I'm sure there will be more to follow. Self employed, work at home? asking for a friend....
DirtTrackTherapy16J seems like he could be one of those 'weights in fish' type of guy !!!!!

1 member likes this post: Chief Wahoo
6/5/23, 5:05 PM   #56
cl124

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
Interesting that noone has tried answering my question about the crowd/attendance numbers yet and the people who love the track haven't mentioned one word about such a low attendance in the bleachers...maybe it was the camera angle on Flo that was showing low attendance numbers in the bleachers lmfao.

It doesn't take over an hour to make a great racing surface and farming the track for over an hour to make a great race. Watch Reece and Rowdy, they will show how to make drivers, teams, and fans happy without wasting over an hour to do it, Also doesn't take "green" equipment to do it either. Anyone who knows anything about tractors and farming or mowing for that matter knows when you buy green your buying the name not necessarily the best equipment for the job.

This was the first USAC Midget race of the 2023 season in Indiana this year. It should have been packed. Since some are claiming long tiring weekend for fans to show up to the race on a Sunday night and work night, is that what will happen next Sunday night for the Finale at Kokomo lmfao? Last time I checked Indiana was in the Midwest and Iowa was only 2 states away.

People are tired of seeing that crap of farming the track for over an hour at a time. I guarantee Circle City has a better attendance tonight then TriState did last night. I know 10 people that are going tonight that didnt go last night bc of the farming issue. It's sad when people won't open their eyes and see there is a problem. Run er down bc of pride before admitting there is a problem. Sad part is still no rest, still a work night, still a grind, support class being Crown Vics instead of MSCS Sprint Cars tonight, but guarantee better attendance. Kokomo is on a Sunday night, work night and is at the very end of a long hard tiring week but you can count on 3 things. Outside of a rainout, #1 great attendance numbers even after a long hard grueling grinding tiring week with a $100K late model show the very next day. #2 no farming for an hour at a time much less over an hour at a time. #3 an outstanding racing surface without using "green" equipment.
I'll reply to your quote as I'm clearly in the minority on this one too as well I suppose. Crowd was definitely very low however Haubstadt never tends to draw for one reason or another well on the midgets. I have many times and many times again will critique the track prep or not even the track prep but overall start time and length of the shows as I want to see these tracks succeed, grow, and prosper. I also as a major lifelong racefan with a new life style involving children want to be able to take my kid/kids to these races and enjoy them myself and with them. Long drawn out races with long breaks that start late don't lend well to that aspect. Without kids getting into races, they go away.

As for percentages noone can say but I can tell you I have 10 season tickets, and literally everyone around me does as well and has been going to every race for the last 10+ years. Every person by me has complained consistently the last couple years as it's gotten considerably worse. Many of them aren't coming to as many races now due to the complaints I keep bringing up. I've also taken many new people every year (including last night) who choose not to come back due to the late night etc. My dad has got back into the racing thanks to flo etc. Everytime he's came which hes skipped a couple do to worry of being late and working the next day he's brought up how Tommy and crew used to promise they'd have you leaving the track no later than 10 P.M. I feel like that was the case 5 or so years ago. That is long gone. Got to work this morning and three different guys I work with chose not to go last night because "the tractor show would make it way to late". I'm just one person, that's 3 people and their friends and family I know.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, Grocery Guy, JJMooney
6/5/23, 5:52 PM   #57
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Sooooooo…..how were the double cheeseburgers? We weren’t able to make it last night and are sad we missed out on a Dewig double cheeseburger. I mean let’s focus on the priorities ok? 😬😜

6/5/23, 5:57 PM   #58
cl124

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
Sooooooo…..how were the double cheeseburgers? We weren’t able to make it last night and are sad we missed out on a Dewig double cheeseburger. I mean let’s focus on the priorities ok? 😬😜
If we’re being honest. They aren’t as thick as they used to be and not as good lol. But still good enough to not complain.
Last edited by cl124; 6/5/23 at 6:12 PM.

2 members like this post: racenut69, wildman92
6/5/23, 6:15 PM   #59
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl124 View Post
If we’re being honest. They aren’t as thick as they used to be and not as good lol. But still good enough to not complain.

I thought you were going to say the cooks, Clean the entire kitchen, grill and everything for a half hour after you order and before grilling, to make sure you get the best Dewig Evah!

<Sarcasm>

1 member likes this post: RACrappieman
6/5/23, 6:34 PM   #60
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
To be completely honest , better than ever Mayor!
Don’t worry yours did not go unclaimed!

1 member likes this post: racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TriState