IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #141 10/13/15 3:55 PM
Yeah, but without the Cottle, Darland, Hines etc. You don't get that 1000 from seven different tracks................

Charles Nungester
jim goerge (Offline)
  #142 10/13/15 4:42 PM
Originally Posted by 767:
I think people on this board would complain if the promoter handed out $100 bills when showing up. You guys really need to wake up. This show is going to be very expensive. The local hero's are not going to bring in enough fans to make this thing last. The shows needs names. Names help land sponsors. Names bring in non regular fans. A regular Saturday night crowd of 300 to 1000 people is not going to make this show fly.

The sad reality, walk over to circle center and start asking people if they know who Dave Darland is? I'm not sure if 10% would even know. Steeping off soap box now.
So you really think napcrap drivers like Stenhouse JJ, Newman are really going to draw a big crowd Come on really, If you want napcar bubba and jr to come then at least get couple big names not backmarkers
TKRacing (Offline)
  #143 10/13/15 5:05 PM
Back markers? Newman ran 2nd in points last year. Stenhouse is better than Roush equipment and has more than proven himself behind the wheel of a sprint car or midget.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #144 10/13/15 5:36 PM
I think having the more well known people run, will only help promote the racers we all want to see. Maybe a few may try out a local dirt track. I know when I have been to Ft Wayne when Tony Stewart is in the advertisements, the place has a lot more people than times he hasn't been there. When I used to go to the chili bowl, it wasn't as crowded as it is now, that the more non traditional fan has discovered it.
7 Likes: flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, Jerry Shaw, KENDALLRACING, mc/rider, Pat O'Connor Fan, racefan20
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #145 10/13/15 6:00 PM
Hell I can't wait to see some of the best of the best this weekend at the burg this weekend and I will be looking forward to seeing this show As well. Hopefully all the great racing fans and teams will support the sport that we all love. Thanks
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, jim goerge
arctic monkey21 (Offline)
  #146 10/13/15 7:47 PM
Bell got his invite and quickly accepted. Larson finally responded saying that he is still uncertain if his schedule will allow him to be there.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
arctic monkey21 (Offline)
  #147 10/13/15 10:03 PM
Just kind of trying to reset the invites and accepted ones so far to get an idea of how close they are to having the whole 40 for midgets.

Accepted
Clauson
Bacon
Bell
Darland
Loyet
Daum
Stenhouse
R Gardner
Sweet maybe?
Hagen
Hines
Ballou
Saldana
Bright
Windom
Pickens
Bayston
Parker Price Miller

Declined
Newman - Charity event conflict
T Mez - Australia

Waiting
Larson - still trying to get his schedule figured out
Abreu
Pittman
Shane Stewart
Yeley
Coons
4 Likes: 767, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, stealth43k
Points (Offline)
  #148 10/13/15 10:17 PM
Well that accepted list would make a pretty good feature already
6 Likes: 767, bigsby, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97
rockstar5 (Offline)
  #149 10/14/15 3:34 AM
It's to bad Kevin Swindell can't run right now looks like the A main at Tulsa
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55
miledirt (Offline)
  #150 10/14/15 6:42 AM
They ought to try to get Sammy there... the ol dude is bad fast at Tulsa and would create another "interesting" element to the race
5 Likes: flagboy55, KENDALLRACING, nathans1012, rockstar5, superstock30