IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
mc/rider (Offline)
  #21 7/29/23 11:26 AM
[QUOTE= can't wait to see tonight's feature and see if Brady can hold on to the point title [/QUOTE] Like the Energizer Bunny, keeps on going

When in doubt Gas It
2 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Ilovedirttrackracing
Dale (Offline)
  #22 7/29/23 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Rich Mersereau:
some race fans are so fixed on car count they forget to watch the race. i see nothing wrong with racing along side Bloomington. completely different program. can't wait to see tonight's feature and see if Brady can hold on to the point title
Bloomington car count was fine. I don't see how more likely back half of the field cars adds to the program. They might cause more yellow flags.

Therefore the Paragon impact on Bloomington does not seem significant.

Halfway between Springfield & DuQuoin, and Gilbert AZ
4 Likes: erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, motorhead748, The Old Coyote
TQ29m (Offline)
  #23 7/29/23 12:02 PM
I would respectfully assume that the Boss folks would race where it would be in their best interests, and the USAC folks would do the same, it does not matter if USAC gets a race at Paragon next year or not, but it would be in their best interest to do so, JMHO!
I'm not here to judge, only to observe

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
2 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #24 7/29/23 12:14 PM
I go all the way back to the old days where 22 cars was a good turnout and only 14 cars started the USAC feature race.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
2 Likes: erich45, wallbanger II
wildman92 (Offline)
  #25 7/29/23 12:25 PM
Can we talk about the track though? Was the best it’s been all season. Kudos to the crew especially with the hot and dry weather we’ve been having. Engine heat didn’t start til 7 and the whole program was done around 10:15pm. 🏁👏🏻

Jen Kelley (she/her)
14 Likes: Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, dsc1600, erich45, flagboy55, Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, itsanonwingthing, JarrettFarms73, Jonr, PIT CART, Rapid Rick, The Old Coyote
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #26 7/29/23 12:30 PM
Limaland apparently ran NW sprints as well last night. Should they not get a ISW race next year? I mean it is as much in Indiana as Eldora is and they got one once.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, motorhead748, RacinBabe
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #27 7/29/23 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
Can we talk about the track though? Was the best it’s been all season. Kudos to the crew especially with the hot and dry weather we’ve been having. Engine heat didn’t start til 7 and the whole program was done around 10:15pm. 🏁👏🏻

not possible with 50+ cars ie Thursday night
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #28 7/29/23 12:48 PM
I’ve long lamented some Indiana tracks inability to be good neighbors. That said I would’ve liked to see more cars, and I’m sure if Paragon didn’t race they would’ve had a few more fans buying tickets. But I want to compliment Bloomington, USAC, and all the teams that showed up and put on an entertaining and well run show
6 Likes: Dale, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, TNRustler, wildman92
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #29 7/29/23 1:06 PM
I don't understand the problem with the two tracks running. Some teams may feel they have no chance of being competitive at the national show but stand a better chance of having a good showing at the local show and maybe even bringing in a few dollars. I don't think more cars at Bloomington would have necessarily made the show better, it was a good race as it was.
13 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Dale, erich45, Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, MBoersma, Pitdad, racefan20, Rich Mersereau, The Old Coyote, The55, TQ97
Rapid Rick (Offline)
  #30 7/29/23 2:27 PM
Fans saw an excellent show and were on the way home by 10. Terre Haute was a great show also but 11:30 was too late for a weeknite race. It too could have been over at 10 except for the decision to run support class feature first.
2 Likes: Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier