IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tips for the Hundred
5/23/17, 7:16 PM   #1
Tips for the Hundred
trannyman

Any tips on attending the Hoosier Hundred?Do,don't.Safe to wait and get tickets at the gate?

5/24/17, 7:44 AM   #2
trannyman

Ok,so maybe worded wrong.Not a post of do or don't go.We are attending for the first time and looking for suggestions like don't sit there,or do order tickets ahead of time.things like that.

5/24/17, 8:02 AM   #3
Re: Tips for the Hundred
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by trannyman View Post
Ok,so maybe worded wrong.Not a post of do or don't go.We are attending for the first time and looking for suggestions like don't sit there,or do order tickets ahead of time.things like that.
Should be good to go getting tickets at the gate. It has been a long time since I watched from the stands, but all seats are good as I recall.

5/24/17, 8:15 AM   #4
dirtinmynachos

Race Count This Year: 30
Race Count Last Year: 26

I went for the first time last year. I showed up early and got a ticket in the top row, not knowing what to expect. I checked out different views after I got inside. I remember seeing the whole track from about the top 2/3 rows... maybe more. However, there are two sets of pillars that partially block your view. One set near the bottom row, and another set about halfway up. The good thing if you happen to get tickets with a pillar blocking your view is that there will be enough open seats to move around.

I'm going back again this year. Enjoy your first time going!

1 member likes this post: davidm
5/24/17, 9:38 AM   #5
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Pay to park, just heads up. I think its $5.

5/24/17, 10:42 AM   #6
Keith5186

$5.00 coupon at Kroger. Good at gate. Grandstand only.

5/24/17, 11:04 AM   #7
trannyman

Ok,thanks for the good info!

5/25/17, 5:59 AM   #8
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by trannyman View Post
We are attending for the first time and looking for suggestions like don't sit there,or do order tickets ahead of time.things like that.
Seating is good anywhere you want to sit. I've always just walked up and bought a ticket in the past. $5 to park. I'd like to know how much money the Fairgrounds gets every year for parking for all the events there. It must be astronomical.

After the races I wouldnt eat at any nearby Taco Bell's, (or any fast food places in that area.)

5 members like this post: agar, motorhead748, PIT CART, Simon_says17, tirespinner
5/25/17, 7:06 AM   #9
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

After The Races I would not even stop at the stop lights until Your about 5 Miles away from that area

5/25/17, 9:05 AM   #10
FrankR63

He is serious about locking the doors and keeping your head down in that area, DO NOT stop for gas or anything near there.

Consider parking in the infield, you can get real close to the track - Turn one is fantastic.

Enjoy!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tips for the Hundred