IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier
6/3/17, 7:23 PM   #1
Montpelier
EldoraMark

Does anyone know if they will allow campers to come in Monday night for the Tuesday midget races?

1 member likes this post: racegal
6/4/17, 1:55 PM   #2
Re: Montpelier
EldoraMark

If anyone is interested, the answer to my question is yes. They will allow campers to pull in Monday.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, PIT CART, racegal
6/4/17, 7:20 PM   #3
BrianBSU23

Yes, campers are no problem Monday night. Thanks for joining us!

6/4/17, 7:35 PM   #4
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

I will be making my first trip to Montpelier Tuesday, any one have any general tips?
Gate Open times, cooler policy, GA pricing, any reserved seating to worry about, anything else along these lines?

6/4/17, 7:47 PM   #5
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

It's all on the website, but Gates @ 3, Hot Laps @ 6, racing @7...
GA 20, Pits 30
No coolers, no reserved seats.
There's a no alcohol section directly in front of the press box, to either avoid or head for depending on your inclination.
You should have a good time, it's a fun track.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, BrianBSU23, flagboy55, Pat O'Connor Fan
6/4/17, 7:50 PM   #6
BrianBSU23

Glad you can join us!

General Admission is $20 with Pit Passes at $30. All seating is general admission. We do not allow coolers due to insurance.

My favorite place to spectate are the farthest set of pit bleachers on the west end. This is near the exit lane, push off lane, and work area.

Gates will open at 2, Hot Laps at 6, and Racing at 7.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, koolaid89
6/5/17, 11:55 AM   #7
flagboy55

My "gray cloud" work schedule, that allows me only one off weekend a month has a "silver lining" and that is I'm off Tuesday. I'll be making my first ever trip Montpelier Speedway. My best friend has run his modified there says the track itself reminded him of the old Crown Point / Southlake / Broadway Speedway that is no longer there in Crown Point Indiana, before they banked it. Wonder if any of you have the same thoughts? Just wondering what the policy is on marking a seat? And a couple folks on here have stated the best spot is pit bleachers, and do people mark any seats in there? Coming from NWI, when I go to Kokomo, I've found my best route is to take I-65 to 18, I was wondering if doing that and staying on 18 into Montpelier would be the best bet, or east on RT-30 and then head south somewhere? Thanks for the input, and hopefully I'll meet a couple more IOW'S, and put some more faces to names.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Pat O'Connor Fan, Wayne Davis, wildman92
6/5/17, 12:20 PM   #8
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
My "gray cloud" work schedule, that allows me only one off weekend a month has a "silver lining" and that is I'm off Tuesday. I'll be making my first ever trip Montpelier Speedway. My best friend has run his modified there says the track itself reminded him of the old Crown Point / Southlake / Broadway Speedway that is no longer there in Crown Point Indiana, before they banked it. Wonder if any of you have the same thoughts? Just wondering what the policy is on marking a seat? And a couple folks on here have stated the best spot is pit bleachers, and do people mark any seats in there? Coming from NWI, when I go to Kokomo, I've found my best route is to take I-65 to 18, I was wondering if doing that and staying on 18 into Montpelier would be the best bet, or east on RT-30 and then head south somewhere? Thanks for the input, and hopefully I'll meet a couple more IOW'S, and put some more faces to names.
Last time I was there you could still mark seats there using blankets/tarps with tarp straps/tape. They don't like you using oversized seat cushions because it gets pretty packed when USAC shows up.

18 is a straight shot from 69 if you're coming directly from the west. If you're approaching from the north on 69 you can also come down through Warren (the route I took when I lived in Fort Wayne).

If I were you coming from NWI, I'd run US-30 over past Warsaw to the little town of Larwill and take SR 5 south all the way down to Warren and then from there down 3 and onto 18 and run into Montpelier. I'm a scenic route kind of guy but it all depends on how much time you have to get to Pelier. It's a pretty simple route once you take a look at it on the map.

Have fun

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Pat O'Connor Fan
6/5/17, 1:08 PM   #9
PushEm

I will be there with my Push Truck so you can at least put a Truck to the name. Montpellier is a fun track.

6/5/17, 3:49 PM   #10
Dirteater

Are you allowed to get a "pass out or wristband" for GA seating after paying to get in?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier