IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $10,000 Jason Leffler Memorial Race
7/11/14, 12:25 PM   #1
$10,000 Jason Leffler Memorial Race
Wayne City Speedway

Second Annual Jason Leffler Memorial Race to Take Place at Wayne County Speedway on August 26th

WAYNE CITY, Ill.(July 11, 2014) - Wayne County Speedway is pleased to announce the second annual Jason Leffler Memorial race sponsored by Great Clips on Tuesday, August 26th at 7 PM. The event is one of the largest purses for a POWRI midget race with a $10,000 payout to the winner. 100% of the front entrance will go to the Charlie Dean Leffler Discretionary Fund. Among a host of notable racers, current World of Outlaws champion Daryn Pittman and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver, JJ Yeley, have committed to compete in the event. The event will air on MAV TV at a later date.

Track owner Doug Stringer, a Mcleansboro, Ill. resident and former owner of Akins Motorsports, decided to run this event after the tragic passing of his long-time friend one year ago. Leffler left behind a son, Charlie Dean.

“I am proud to host the second annual Jason Leffler Memorial race,” says Stringer. “This race is my way to honor Jason who was a great competitor, a great friend and an amazing father to Charlie Dean. As we continue to celebrate Jason’s life, it’s important that we keep Charlie Dean in our thoughts and do everything we can to ensure he grows up knowing how truly remarkable his father was and how much he was respected as both a driver and a friend. Making sure Charlie Dean has everything in life Jason would have wanted him to have is a priority for many of us.”

The Tuesday night event will be preceded by a dinner and silent auction on Monday night at 7PM at Stringer’s home residence in McLeansboro. Entertainment will be provided by Country Music Independent Entertainer of the Year award winner Ryan Daniel.
All proceeds and donations will go to the Charlie Dean Leffler Discretionary Fund.

Stringer’s company, Stringer Holdings, manages the NASCAR, World of Outlaws and POWRI race sponsorships for Great Clips. Leffler represented the world’s largest salon brand in the NASCAR Nationwide Series from 2006-2011. As a tribute to him, Great Clips is proudly serving as title sponsor of the Jason Leffler Memorial race.

Stringer expects an impressive showing with the entry list growing every day and welcomes racers from all over the country to come to come out and have a great race in honor a fellow racer.

For more information, visit www.racewaynecountyspeedway.com
or www.facebook.com/racewaynecountyspeedway

Last edited by Wayne City Speedway; 7/11/14 at 1:44 PM.

7/11/14, 12:42 PM   #2
Re: $10,000 Jason Leffler Memorial Race
illinisprintfan

Went last year and it was great! I will be there again in August. I am not trying to be a smart butt or anything, but it looks like the poster says 5 miles North of Interstate 54. It is Interstate 64. I hope you haven't sent this to the printers yet.

7/11/14, 1:48 PM   #3
Wayne City Speedway

Thanks for the correction We are very excited for this race. We just finished adding a elevated deck at the track so we can fit more people.

3 members like this post: Kellen Conover, racenut69, racing2bwithu2
7/11/14, 2:19 PM   #4
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne City Speedway View Post
Thanks for the correction We are very excited for this race. We just finished adding a elevated deck at the track so we can fit more people.
Last year I sat in the temporary bleachers coming out of turn four and a couple of times I thought I was going to be able to shake hands with the drivers as they went by. It was an amazing perspective to watch them so close! Thank you for hosting this race!

3 members like this post: racenut69, racing2bwithu2, Wayne City Speedway
7/11/14, 2:55 PM   #5
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

One of the best races I saw in 2013!

7/11/14, 7:28 PM   #6
racenut69

The BEST $10 you will spend at the track this year or any year!!!!!....

1 member likes this post: racing2bwithu2
7/11/14, 8:35 PM   #7
wing410fan

Race Count This Year: 2

They need to have a memorial race in the silver crown series for him

7/14/14, 3:48 PM   #8
Wayne City Speedway

Attention: Anyone planning on staying in Southern Illinois for the Jason Leffler Memorial Race.

We have 20 rooms blocked for the race, rate guaranteed at $99.00 per night. You must use the code WCS and book the rooms by August 9 to receive the rate. Any bookings after that date are subject to rack rate.

Hotel Information:

Hampton Inn & Suites
Address: 221 Potomac Blvd, Mount Vernon, IL 62864
Phone: (618) 244-2323

7/14/14, 5:44 PM   #9
racenut69

I went down to Turn 1 and watched for a bit and ate dirt but it was worth it!.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
Last year I sat in the temporary bleachers coming out of turn four and a couple of times I thought I was going to be able to shake hands with the drivers as they went by. It was an amazing perspective to watch them so close! Thank you for hosting this race!

7/22/14, 11:08 AM   #10
Wayne City Speedway

We are excited to announce that NHRA & IHRA drag racer Clay Millican will be attending the Jason Leffler Memorial Race on August 26th. He will be available for autographs the day of the race at 5:30.

Career highlights include:
6 Consecutive World Championships 2001-2006
Winningest Top Fuel Driver in IHRA History
51 IHRA National Event Wins
Advanced to every Final Round in a Season (2003)
Top Fuel Consecutive Event Wins (10 set in 2002)
Top Fuel Consecutive Round Wins (30 set in 2002)

The list of attendees keeps growing with the race almost a month away. We hope to see you there.

3 members like this post: mtek56, racenut69, racing2bwithu2
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $10,000 Jason Leffler Memorial Race