IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-Thursday Night Sprints!
6/28/12, 6:30 PM   #61
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway-Thursday Night Sprints!
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Last i heard 17 sprinters , some heavy hitters .

6/28/12, 6:33 PM   #62
treecitytornado

Wish they paid us local guys like they do in PA!
The Grove pays $3600 to Win and a little over $300 to start weekly! If they paid that here, local guys could do much better and then USAC could pay a little better too. JMO.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/28/12, 6:37 PM   #63
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
I give up, I gotta get ready to go race for peanuts tonight, I hope IPL will take them as payment so I can keep the lights on...

Posted via Mobile Device
Casey we the people that race locally for peanuts understand why we do it, please do not let this deal bother you. Go race and stick another win under your belt, be safe and be fast. I look at Thursday night as a call in, or overtime.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

1 member likes this post: Milly
6/28/12, 6:44 PM   #64
Avon Open Wheel fan

I just got here and the pits looks pretty empty. the stands are even emptier than the pits.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/28/12, 7:15 PM   #65
DunaganRacing

17 sprints and how many SS cars?

Posted via Mobile Device

6/28/12, 7:21 PM   #66
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Why?
Because they could make a much better living for themselves and their family!!

6/28/12, 7:28 PM   #67
billw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
You are correct, but two things....first, you do not see the WoO drivers racing local races for less than what the Outlaws pay. That allows the WoO to get races with a high purse. Second......the WoO has a much much larger fan base and National exposure than the USAC sprint cars do....just by calling yourself a national tour does not make that true......How can USAC book more races at higher purses when you guys always go race for less.....precisely what bargaining chip do they have. If I was the promoter at Bloomington, I'd give USA 1 mercy hump race and the rest of the rest of the time I'd pay the 1200 cause all you guys are comin' anyway.....what do I get for all that extra money ????? Please tell me what LPS would get different tonight if it was a USAC race ????/
im sure if it were a usac race tonight there would be more than 16 cars and likely a lot more fans in the stands for double the admission

6/28/12, 7:28 PM   #68
19racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan View Post
I just got here and the pits looks pretty empty. the stands are even emptier than the pits.

Posted via Mobile Device
People cant afford to go racing after a regular show on sat then 3 days later go to summer nationals show the 2 days later thurs night racing then 2 more days for Sat show. It wont last long at that rate. One night a week is good unless its a special like tuesday. But yet again wasting time tue didnt help matters lot of complaining in stands for late start time and the grading instaed of racing.

6/28/12, 8:23 PM   #69
Milly

The Tuesday late start was due to a fatality on I-70 and several racers stuck in traffic!

Posted via Mobile Device

6/28/12, 10:01 PM   #70
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Oh! That's terrible! I am very sorry to hear that!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-Thursday Night Sprints!