IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Way Out 40 now $14,000!!!!
2/9/22, 6:19 PM   #1
No Way Out 40 now $14,000!!!!
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

14th ANNUAL NO WAY OUT 40…BIGGER…BETTER…BADDER!

The 14th Annual No Way Out 40 presented by Hoosier Truck Sales and Wehmiller Express is now bigger, and better than ever. The event for Non Winged Sprint Cars will be held at the Paragon Speedway in Paragon, IN on Saturday night March 19th, and will pay an event record $14,000 to win! With $1000 to start the 40 lap main event. Nic Faas won the inaugural running of the event at Twin Cities Raceway Park in 2009, and former winners of the event include Jesse Hockett, Dave Darland, Thomas Meseraull, Christopher Bell, Bryan Clauson, Robert Ballou, Chad Boespflug, two time winner Kevin Thomas, Jr., and Kyle Cummins.

The man behind the No Way Out 40, Mason Fleetwood has done a lot of juggling, moving, and shaking to make this event the biggest it's ever been, and he took the time to answer a few questions about the No Way Out 40.

What was the motivation behind moving the No Way Out to a new date?

“Main reason is what is best for all racers, that they can run both big paying races. The date change is for the racers only, because I want a long relationship with Paragon Speedway, and that is why I moved the race. The main focus on switching dates is for the race teams. And that is what promoting is about, is making sure the race teams are taken care of and the fans can see the best show possible.”

This race is special to you, why is that?

“It is the first big race that I ever put together that has been a success every year.”

This will be the highest paying No Way Out 40, what was the decision behind this?

“We were going to pay 10K to win, $1000 to start, to start with, the main reason is that me and my business partners want to have the biggest race in the state of Indiana, and something big that early in the season can really give a jump start to someone's race program for the season.”

You've put together a great crew for this event, how important is that for a well produced show?

“We have some of the best employees to help put this together between myself and Tim Keithley, with having new young upstart owners/promoters,We will have the best fire crew in the country with Bobby Gomph and his Lawrenceburg Fire and Safety Crew, the best announcer, flagman, and track and tower crew”

Fleetwood also wanted to note that they will run the sprint car program quickly, “The goal is to have sprint fans out by 9:30, this race IS to cater to the sprint car fans mainly, since this IS a big sprint show. Plus you never know what the weather is going to bring, being this early in the Spring”

Along with the $14,000 to win, $1000 to start payday for the Non Winged Sprint Cars, the world famous Lawrenceburg Speedway Fire and Safety Crew are putting up $100 for fast time in EACH Sprint Car qualifying group.

On tap along with the Non Winged Sprint Cars will be the Super Stocks paying $1,000 to win, and $100 to start, and the ever popular Hornet division paying $500 to win and $75 to start.

This event will be broadcast live on Internet PPV via www.dirt2media.tv if you are unable to make it to the track. Ryan Bowling of Dirt2Media.tv expressed his delight in broadcasting this event. “We are thrilled to showcase such a prestigious event like the No Way Out 40 on our network. Mason has built one of the highest paying and well respected Sprint Car events there is, and again, we are just thrilled to be a part of it.”

Further information on the No Way Out 40 will be released soon (gate times, admission, schedule of events)

-Chris Nunn
Paragon Speedway

2/9/22, 6:41 PM   #2
Re: No Way Out 40 now $14,000!!!!
BrentTFunk

Did the date change?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/9/22, 6:41 PM   #3
Chris Nunn

Yes. Will now be March 19

2/9/22, 6:49 PM   #4
BrentTFunk

Thanks

2/9/22, 6:51 PM   #5
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Yes. Will now be March 19
So let me see if I have this right: 3/26 at Paragon for $14K. 3/19 at Brownstown for $10K?

Unless one or the other changes dates.....

2/9/22, 6:54 PM   #6
Chris Nunn

Correct. Our date will not be changing at Paragon

1 member likes this post: oppweld
2/9/22, 6:55 PM   #7
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
So let me see if I have this right: 3/26 at Paragon for $14K. 3/19 at Brownstown for $10K?

Unless one or the other changes dates.....

Other way around. 3/19 is the Indiana Icebreaker at Brownstown for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series. So that would make Brownstown 3/26
Last edited by nathans1012; 2/9/22 at 10:05 PM.

2/9/22, 7:22 PM   #8
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
3/19 is the Indiana Icebreaker at Brownstown for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series.
and your point is?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, tirespinner
2/9/22, 7:23 PM   #9
Bshort36

Your date did change at paragon. It will be 03/19 instead of 03/26.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69, tirespinner
2/9/22, 7:38 PM   #10
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Thank you Mason for changing the date and allowing 2 good paying shows in back to back weeks. You are the bigger man for doing so and I will be there to support.

5 members like this post: Big Mike 7, chrismattlin, Ken Bonnema, oppweld, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Way Out 40 now $14,000!!!!