Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Robert Ballou
9/28/18, 7:10 PM   #21
Re: Thank you Robert Ballou
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntrypg@aol.com View Post
You guys just don't get it. Ballou was not right in what he did. He was bashing the long time premier open wheel series in the nation and deserves what he got.
What do you expect from Tony? He was personally bashed by a guy that has enjoyed and won numerous races at his track.
The Ovals will be just as good without him.
Here's what I expect from Tony. He's dealt it out for years and still does, but he can't take it when someone calls him out. He resorts to calling them a pissy baby. Think the shoe is on the other foot there Tony.

9/28/18, 8:29 PM   #22
modirt19

Packed crowd at Gas City

9/28/18, 9:54 PM   #23
flagboy55

I said from the beginning i would refrain from total judgement until I knew all the facts. Like I said I don’t know what was said at previous meetings. We may never know all the facts. And I’m not saying that he shouldn’t haven’t been punished, what I am saying is in no way does the punishment fit the crime. Someone remind me if anyone can remember this harsh or penalty for any reason? Yesterday Sean Buckley put out a free podcast on his jackslash. It was very interesting on this subject and you should give it a listen. The beginning of the thread was Thanks Robert. I say thanks to him as well. I don’t always agree with him but love his candidness. Agree or not, he’s almost always entertaining. And isn’t that why we go to the races in the first place?

9/28/18, 10:24 PM   #24
Pat O'Connor Fan

Well said, Steve. I definitely agree with your entire post.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, oppweld
9/29/18, 1:28 AM   #25
revjimk

I just think inability to take criticism (USAC) is a sign of weakness & insecurity (chickensh*&) They should be confident enough to let Ballou run his mouth.... controversy brings excitement, fans will be rooting for or against him, one way or the other. Who wants to see a bunch of "yes men"?

9/29/18, 2:20 AM   #26
Sprint63122

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
I just think inability to take criticism (USAC) is a sign of weakness & insecurity (chickensh*&) They should be confident enough to let Ballou run his mouth.... controversy brings excitement, fans will be rooting for or against him, one way or the other. Who wants to see a bunch of "yes men"?
Spot on post here and yes I will add Levi and Spridge can not handle criticism and one is highly jealous and all hide behind there comfy job titles at usuck and giving Robert credit for almost losing race dates is beyond hilarious this good ole boys club has lost a lot of dates and events the past few years because of the self centered attitudes they display and also because they can not draw fans to the tracks they go to Pevely is a good example for 2018 race no one in the stands and wow, Robert said nothing about the track. This was a lynch mob gathering with the clowns who did it to him nothing else. Remember how many nights the usac officials gathered around the tony stewart car to protect there pretty boy Levi for his stupid chit on the track more than once. Have watched many good people just walk away and get out because of this clubs actions they never learn and have no idea just a bunch of spoiled brats in there now.

4 members like this post: 7xCoop, jim goerge, oppweld, PIT CART
9/29/18, 6:54 AM   #27
Hamby454

My opinion, nor anyone else’s here, matter. That being said I think Robert is a gasser. I’m not much of a fan but he has talent. My biggest complaint is all these people here calling it bs. Do you know the entire story? We’re you present for the previous meetings taking place over the last 3 seasons? You call usac crybabies saying that they can’t take criticism etc yet in reality you don’t know what took place. Several keep bringing up the Tony situation. He didn’t get banned for this one incident. There are several other incidents that have taken place over the years leading up to this moment. This line “the punishment doesn’t fit the crime” is total crap because you don’t know what the crime even is. Usac will go on and Ballou will go on, with or without your biased opinions.

9/29/18, 7:03 AM   #28
wobbler

Here's my 2 cents from outsider looking in from afar! Tell me any other employer that you let one of their employees publicly bash them without some sort of repercussions?? If you have an issue with your employer or anybody else for that matter, grow some balls and talk to them about your concerns directly, either by phone, email or in person. In this day and age with the technology available to everyone it is becoming easier and easier to hide behind a keyboard rather than doing the right thing like was done in years gone past!

I know I have been guilty of it in tha past and probably will be again in the future but that doesn't make it right and consequences are to be expected.

7 members like this post: Bobv, CRA91, DIZZLE, fish, FishBurger, interpreter66, tirespinner
9/29/18, 9:48 AM   #29
dshort36

I say put Levi smoke and ballou on eldora track for a 50 lap race Winner take all losers stfu.

5 members like this post: 7xCoop, addictedtodirt, jim goerge, PIT CART, wildman92
9/29/18, 10:40 AM   #30
TKRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshort36 View Post
I say put Levi smoke and ballou on eldora track for a 50 lap race Winner take all losers stfu.
I got money on Levi

1 member likes this post: 2fast4u
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Robert Ballou