IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC vs WOO vs Allstars vs ASCS
2/16/20, 9:40 AM   #1
USAC vs WOO vs Allstars vs ASCS
chop

Ok its cold and snowy, nothing to do before I watch the greatest car race in the world later today. I ask this with out trying to start a big name calling war. What club puts on the best racing, has it ducks in a row. Who would it be USAC-WOO-ALLSTARS-ASCS?

2 members like this post: nathans1012, tirespinner
2/16/20, 10:57 AM   #2
interpreter66

For me USAC, what a race last night! And they are good every where,passing ,sliders through out the whole field!

4 members like this post: cornerthree, duel, oppweld, tirespinner
2/16/20, 11:13 AM   #3
Re: USAC vs WOO vs Allstars vs ASCS
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
Ok its cold and snowy, nothing to do before I watch the greatest car race in the world later today. I ask this with out trying to start a big name calling war. What club puts on the best racing, has it ducks in a row. Who would it be USAC-WOO-ALLSTARS-ASCS?
You lost me at "greatest car race in the world"

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2/16/20, 11:40 AM   #4
bighd0522

Not been to a Ascs race, but the other 3 would be even better if they could take and give a little the way they each do and pay things to make them even better!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
2/18/20, 2:00 PM   #5
nodoors

I have always felt that Sprint Car Racing in and of itself is its own worst enemy, I will Explain.

There are entirely to many "NATIONAL" Sprint Car series and too many different rules for each series. I feel that USAC WOO And All Stars are the Leading 3 series. Since the All Stars and WOO run Wings all the time USAC would be mindful to do the same the Motor Package of 410 is the same but USAC doesn't run a wing. I also feel that all 3 Series should combine and have regional divisions that compete for Points and Money with Purses within 1000.00 plus or minus Dollars of each Divisional race. At the end of the season the top 20 in points of each division all meet at a central location and have a 10 day Points race off. With the winner of the points is the true National Champion. With Divisional Points Pay out and National Points Payout to the top Driver/s.

That would seriously boost the National Sprint Car Drivers to a much higher status. With NASCAR losing spectators yearly, I feel the Sprint Car racing could fill the void of the disenfranchised NASCAR Fans. Sprint Car Racing IMOHO Is the best racing in the Country. It just doesn't get the recognition needed to become a huge spectator sport. By having 1 Series with Several divisions the advertising and even eventual TV programing I feel Sprint car racing could become huge. Especially the 10 Race Championship at the end of the season.

Also it would lessen the traveling by having Divisions throughout the Country which in turn would lessen expenses for the teams competing.

Just My 2 cents

2/18/20, 5:43 PM   #6
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoors View Post
I have always felt that Sprint Car Racing in and of itself is its own worst enemy, I will Explain.

There are entirely to many "NATIONAL" Sprint Car series and too many different rules for each series. I feel that USAC WOO And All Stars are the Leading 3 series. Since the All Stars and WOO run Wings all the time USAC would be mindful to do the same the Motor Package of 410 is the same but USAC doesn't run a wing. I also feel that all 3 Series should combine and have regional divisions that compete for Points and Money with Purses within 1000.00 plus or minus Dollars of each Divisional race. At the end of the season the top 20 in points of each division all meet at a central location and have a 10 day Points race off. With the winner of the points is the true National Champion. With Divisional Points Pay out and National Points Payout to the top Driver/s.

That would seriously boost the National Sprint Car Drivers to a much higher status. With NASCAR losing spectators yearly, I feel the Sprint Car racing could fill the void of the disenfranchised NASCAR Fans. Sprint Car Racing IMOHO Is the best racing in the Country. It just doesn't get the recognition needed to become a huge spectator sport. By having 1 Series with Several divisions the advertising and even eventual TV programing I feel Sprint car racing could become huge. Especially the 10 Race Championship at the end of the season.

Also it would lessen the traveling by having Divisions throughout the Country which in turn would lessen expenses for the teams competing.

Just My 2 cents
Nah, thats "one size fits all". Diversity is good....some people like wings & some don't. Allstar teams probably can't afford all the travelling that WoO does. Thats why they're centered in Ohio area. ASCS 360 teams probably can't afford 410 engines, & the local series let them compete without all the travel expenses. And who cares about NASCAR fans?

2/18/20, 7:31 PM   #7
revjimk

Like most people here, I prefer USAC, but it depends on the race. I've seen some great races in WoO, USAC & Allstars. Only saw ASCS once, not so hot. Sammy ran away & hid on a REALLY boring, no pass track in Colorado
You left out POWRi Midgets.... saw them once, at tiny Belle Clair, & loved it!!!
Last edited by revjimk; 2/18/20 at 7:33 PM.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
2/18/20, 8:17 PM   #8
dsc1600

Agreed, Indy is 100 times better than Daytona.

4 members like this post: Bostonian, chrismattlin, duel, oppweld
2/18/20, 8:38 PM   #9
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Nah, thats "one size fits all". Diversity is good....some people like wings & some don't. Allstar teams probably can't afford all the travelling that WoO does. Thats why they're centered in Ohio area. ASCS 360 teams probably can't afford 410 engines, & the local series let them compete without all the travel expenses. And who cares about NASCAR fans?
Those 360 motors are not far off from a 410 price wise

3 members like this post: nodoors, oldfan49, oppweld
2/18/20, 9:18 PM   #10
nodoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Did you even read what I wrote?? I said DIVISIONS to cut down on travel. I get it you don't like the idea ok but please dont talk about traveling and costs when I addressed it already

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC vs WOO vs Allstars vs ASCS