IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > R.I.P Shortbus Bill Walls
3/14/22, 5:25 PM   #1
R.I.P Shortbus Bill Walls
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Been a racin buddy for about fifteen years. Prayers to the family as I considered them all friends and fun to be around.

3/14/22, 5:30 PM   #2
Re: R.I.P Shortbus Bill Walls
BrentTFunk

RIP Bill. He was a great guy. Thoughts are with Lloyd and the rest of the family.

3/14/22, 6:16 PM   #3
PIT CART

Prayers to his family and friends.

3/14/22, 6:33 PM   #4
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Bill was a great guy always with a smile and most times a wisecrack or two. He will be missed. Prayers to his family and racing friends.

3/14/22, 6:58 PM   #5
Jerry Shaw

This is one that really hurts. Bill Walls was one of a kind. The way I originally met Bill was I said something here on IOW that pissed him off a bit. Something about LPS during the DA days, I think. The next week or so I was at Bloomington and Bob Clauson came over and said "There's someone who wants to meet you". So, I followed him over to turn 1 and I was introduced to Bill, who really let me have a piece of his mind. Let me have it, really good! But, I wasn't mad. I couldn't be, because I respected the hell out of that. We shook hands afterwards and were friends from then on. In the last few years when he'd been battling his health issues, Putnamville and Bloomington just haven't seemed the same. R.I.P Shortbus. Bill, Dick and Paul can have a reunion now, at the big race track in the sky.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

3/14/22, 8:50 PM   #6
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

First met Bill 30 years ago,made several trips to Terre Haute when he &Janie had the collectable shop behind their house.
One could pretty much count on seeing Bill,Dick,Paul & Jim just about anywhere racing was happening.
R.I.P. Bill,thoughts & prayers to Janie & Family.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

3/15/22, 9:12 AM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
This is one that really hurts. Bill Walls was one of a kind. The way I originally met Bill was I said something here on IOW that pissed him off a bit. Something about LPS during the DA days, I think. The next week or so I was at Bloomington and Bob Clauson came over and said "There's someone who wants to meet you". So, I followed him over to turn 1 and I was introduced to Bill, who really let me have a piece of his mind. Let me have it, really good! But, I wasn't mad. I couldn't be, because I respected the hell out of that. We shook hands afterwards and were friends from then on. In the last few years when he'd been battling his health issues, Putnamville and Bloomington just haven't seemed the same. R.I.P Shortbus. Bill, Dick and Paul can have a reunion now, at the big race track in the sky.

Jerry
Yup, I pretty much got the same D.A speech, It's our home track and we don't want to lose it, And that I went to the Burg under Wieck when it was always dry slick and only a couple hundred fans in the stands.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jerry Shaw, LUCKYONE
3/15/22, 10:07 AM   #8
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
First met Bill 30 years ago,made several trips to Terre Haute when he &Janie had the collectable shop behind their house.
One could pretty much count on seeing Bill,Dick,Paul & Jim just about anywhere racing was happening.
R.I.P. Bill,thoughts & prayers to Janie & Family.
I had seen you around for years, but Bill introduced us at Granite City. May have been the first Gold Crown.

6 members like this post: Dirtfan, Jerry Shaw, LUCKYONE, racenut69, tirespinner, wildman92
3/15/22, 11:33 AM   #9

RIP prayers to the family.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, LUCKYONE, tirespinner
3/15/22, 12:08 PM   #10
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I had seen you around for years, but Bill introduced us at Granite City. May have been the first Gold Crown.
Oh gosh Brent,that's been a sleep or two ago!

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jerry Shaw, racenut69, tirespinner, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > R.I.P Shortbus Bill Walls