IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Brandon Watson (Offline)
  #11 8/19/09 9:29 AM
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister:
Hi Brandon, this was from the good old original WOO game from like 10 years ago at least. (ratbag). The one where you could download a bunch of different tracks and skins that various people made. I've tried all the others and still find this old game to be the most fun.
David.

Thanks! I think my father had that game. I will have to check with him to see if he still has it. I sure wish they would come out with something new. Thanks again and hope you had some good safety equipment while you took that wild ride
Kevracer58 (Offline)
  #12 8/19/09 11:38 AM
"I can see my house from here!"
billwill7 (Offline)
  #13 8/19/09 1:54 PM
CHECK OUT ZACH'S DAUM FLIP AT BELLEVILLE,IL ON HIS WEBSITE . i BELIEVE HE MAY HAVE SET AN ALTITUDE RECORD FOR A MIDGET.
Brolzy (Offline)
  #14 8/19/09 2:15 PM
I cannot get DTRSC to work in XP...have you?
Ovalmeister (Offline)
  #15 8/19/09 3:52 PM
Originally Posted by Brolzy:
I cannot get DTRSC to work in XP...have you?
Hey Brolzy I ran into that also. Here's how it works for me. During the game install it should have put an icon on your desktop? If so, don't double click the icon to open the game. Right click the icon, under the pulldown menu you should see "run as administrator". Click that and it works for me. If I just double click the icon it pops up with some error and won't start. Hope that works for you.
David.
Hclarke (Offline)
  #16 8/19/09 4:07 PM
Hey Brolzy I ran into that also. Here's how it works for me. During the game install it should have out an icon on your desktop? If so, don't double click the icon to open the game. Right click the icon, under the pulldown menu you should see "run as administrator". Click that and it works for me. If I just double click the icon it pops up with some error and won't start. Hope that works for you.
David.
I found a copy of World of Outlaws Sprint Cars by Ratbag on Amazon and bought it. I have not taken the time to find additional tracks and mods. Can you post a link(s) were I can find more.

I bought a good wheel and pedals combo and have a blast with that game.

Thanks for any help.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

I think I own it!
David.

Ow...that's gonna leave a mark.

Beats Schrader in a midget up in the lights at Ascot...
Ovalmeister (Offline)
  #17 8/19/09 4:15 PM
[QUOTE=Hclarke;128856]I found a copy of World of Outlaws Sprint Cars by Ratbag on Amazon and bought it. I have not taken the time to find additional tracks and mods. Can you post a link(s) were I can find more. (QUOTE]

It's been awhile but try www.scrafan.com
That's Lance Jennings west coast site and he has a whole section of links/download instructions for this game. You can even download my McDonalds car! (the one pictured in the altitude record photo!) Lance did that skin for me, he's awesome.
David.
Bubzilla (Offline)
  #18 8/19/09 5:16 PM
David, that's about how high Dick Sutcliff got in about 1970 in one of Bob Trostle's cars when he put it over the T1 fence and out onto 35th Ave at Manzy.

And for those that occassionally still follow the Manzy stuff, the aluminum bleachers in turns 1 and 4 general admission areas are now gone and the chain link fence is down.

Joe Mc.
Brolzy (Offline)
  #19 8/20/09 12:18 PM
Hey Brolzy I ran into that also. Here's how it works for me. During the game install it should have put an icon on your desktop? If so, don't double click the icon to open the game. Right click the icon, under the pulldown menu you should see "run as administrator". Click that and it works for me. If I just double click the icon it pops up with some error and won't start. Hope that works for you.
David.
Thanks man...I'll try it out. It will be nice to jump in a sprint car on the computer again. I think I might have all of my old tracks and cars backed up on disc somewhere...it would be awesome to have the non-wing car and the midget. Did anyone ever make a good Gas City or Bloomington?

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Got it working....thanks man! My issue wasn't with getting it running, it was with installing it, I found once I sat down to figure it out. But, with some tweaks to Windows, that was solved. Now to find all of my old files...
Brolzy (Offline)
  #20 8/20/09 2:44 PM
found the USAC chassis if anyone needs it...

http://www.onlineracin.com/downloads/default.asp