IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lps
7/19/15, 7:25 PM   #1
Lps
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

If we were to vote on our favorite race tracks right now, I would have to give a nod to Lincoln Park Speedway. They are fan friendly, the seating can't be beat, and the races always have a good car count and are competitive. Track preparation for ISW was excellent, and their round of Sprint Week produced the best racing of the last four events, in my opinion. I heard comments from fans who attended all of ISW say that LPS had the best feature of all the events that were contested.
I am certainly thankful for the transformation that has taken place at LPS since Joe Spiker took charge. It is worth the 300 mile round trip to view the wonderful racing competition and enjoy viewing the races from the comfort of my lawn chair, while visiting with my friends. I love this place!

7/19/15, 7:38 PM   #2
Re: Lps
Jerry Shaw

That place just has a vibe about it right now, that I just really, really like. It's just such a cool place to go watch a race at. And that's saying a lot, because before Joe came around, I had totally given up on this place. Which really sucked, being that the track is only 30 miles from my door step. At first, when I had to park a half a mile away from the track for Sprint Week, I didn't like it. But when I was walking to the track and I passed the generator operated street lights that Joe had gotten for that lot and saw Joe back at that lot directing traffic, all I could think about was how he deserved this kind of crowd.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/19/15 at 7:41 PM.

7/19/15, 7:49 PM   #3
jim goerge

I am torn between LPS and Kokomo. I agree with everything Ron said about LPS but the speed and tackiness of Kokomo still makes me say WOW. I'll go to either track for a weekly show

3 members like this post: davidm, ronmil, WinglessLovers
7/19/15, 7:59 PM   #4
chastaj

I just wish they would figure out a way to eliminate the "Mud Pack" they ask the sprint cars to do. I am a driver and we basically just throw it off the surface in hot laps and I question if it helps the racing surface or just gets our equipment filthy. I notice other tracks work it deeper with tillage, put water on and pack it in with sheeps foot and roller. No muddy mess and good racing surface.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, ronmil
7/20/15, 8:02 AM   #5
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

I don't think you can beat LPS on the fan friendly seating and atmosphere. I think it ranks #1 in those categories for sure, and i think the fans have taken notice, just look at the crowd for regular weeks, look how many stay for all the features. It is by far my favorite track to go to. The racing might not always be a contender for race of the year but i don't think i have ever left disappointed since Spiker has taken over. Every year there has been improvements made to the grounds. Concession, ticket windows, restrooms, scales, drainage along the front stretch, enlarged pits, new pit buildings, camping spots along the edge of the parking lots, plus many more items have all been done since he has taken over (ice cream). The only thing i am waiting on is a new catch fence along the front stretch, which im sure will be done at some point.

If you look at how the track and crowd was before spiker took over to how it is now, it is no wonder it has become a fan favorite in recent years.

5 members like this post: Al Pierce, davidm, Jerry Shaw, mowerman, ronmil
7/20/15, 8:48 AM   #6
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I really had a blast when I came out for the Sprintacular. The upgrades to the facility were noticed right away. I've been posting photos from that weekend on the racing sites back here in the east and have been letting folks know about how nice LPS is.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
7/20/15, 10:16 AM   #7
Tumey's 55

I am a Kokomo regular and occasionally get to LPS. I agree with Vsneader about the atmosphere at LPS, hard to beat. It just has Hoosier Hospitality. In terms of the racing I still prefer Kokomo. However, I wish I could attend LPS more often.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lps