IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IMCA Racesaver Winged Sprints
6/20/15, 1:05 PM   #21
Re: IMCA Racesaver Winged Sprints
KingRandomUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart31rac View Post
Wish this was open since in Illinois, most of us run 34, Jacksonville, or Lincoln rules. That money is great, we would make the tow if we made enough to cover our fuel money. I wish everyone would get on the same page with the rules for 305's. Then you could go anywhere and race. Just wish more tracks would come on board its a great class, and remember nothing is cheap in racing, but as long as your having fun its worth it.
That does raise a valid point. The RaceSaver's rules are much different and tighter on specs (not to mention the need for sealed and certified heads to name a few things) than the rules used in and around the state in "unsanctioned" track-style rules. The more local IL/IA groups of cars couldn't even run a RaceSaver 305 event because their motor wouldn't be legal. That might also explain more of the lack of participation at Rt.45 Raceway too from the "locals". And how few to expect to come out of IL to Lawrenceburg for that matter.

Despite this though, if a track is planning on running the 305's on a weekly basis it probably would be a good idea to use the RaceSaver rules since it's a Nation-Wide Rules Package as opposed to other random self-track-rule variants. It'd keep the consistency at least. Both mentioned IL Tracks don't run the 305's weekly so obviously they don't have a need for a more straight-forward set of rules in hopes the more "open" rules will draw in more cars from other areas. Or to those that'll throw and engine together to run.

On a side note:
Rt.45 Raceway should stay positive and focused. Let's not forget, Bloomington decided to run the 305's and announced it before the season ended in 2014. So teams had all winter to prepare. Rt45 announced 5 events in February. Still if serious about running weekly in the future, they should use this season to promote interest, gain sponsors, and let everyone around know they will be running RaceSaver events all season in 2016. Risky? Of course. But that's with any new division should they decide to add em. This will give others around the area time to build a car to run all season for a track championship. Will it be a massive car count in 2016? Probably not, after all we started out with around 6-8 for a few weeks. But more are being built and showing up, more information is coming available, and the support is slowly growing. If Rt45 wants to run 305's on a non-regular basis then they should consider using a more "open" rules package to cater better to what is currently available around them.
And who knows, if no other Indiana track picks up the 305's in 2016 and Rt.45 does decide to roll the dice, the track isn't too far away to be a reasonable Saturday evening venue for our B-town regulars to run. ...Food for Thought

3 members like this post: Bill May, jim goerge, Scott Bradley
6/20/15, 1:37 PM   #22
tinkertoys

At Bloomington tire's, wings, brakes, shocks, and engine seals are checked BEFORE each contested event (qualifying-feature) in the line-up/ push chute. Car/Driver total weight is checked post heat and feature. The top 3 usually or selected at random engine's are tech'd post feature for cam lift, valve spring pressure at seat and .500 lift, pistons etc....
If I am the tech inspector at Lawrenceburg it will be done much the same as I do at Bloomington.

6/20/15, 3:43 PM   #23
Josh Kinser

Edit: Didn't see the post before mine that answered the same question
Last edited by Josh Kinser; 6/20/15 at 3:52 PM.

6/21/15, 12:37 PM   #24
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Yes you are....I believe You are the man that Danny Roberts said would tech the cars for us. Thanks

2 members like this post: Panama, racephoto1
6/21/15, 10:30 PM   #25
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMR92 View Post
....... This class, straight from French Grimes himself, is meant to pay $300-$400 to win...........
I remember when this class started out in DFW that this was a big selling point. It paid peanuts to win but the start money was good. If memory serves me right, it was $350 to win and $200 to start for a weekly show. The idea was that it would be easier to budget knowing that you were going to get good start money, and the lack of top end money was an attempt to keep the teams from going too crazy on spending money.

1 member likes this post: oldfan49
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IMCA Racesaver Winged Sprints