IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather???????
12/31/08, 11:44 AM   #141
Re: Weather???????
Tim Watson

Well the snow gods gave us another 4" last night with some wind to go with it. Looks like it's going to be a very cold New Year's Eve here. The cheese might freeze!

Last night (after a few BEER'S of course) i had an idea. :idea: I fired up the riding mower and pulled the kids up and down the road in a plastic sled. They loved it! I picked up a bad push though cause it didn't steer to good in 4" of snow. I had it in 5th gear so it was wide open. :checkered:

12/31/08, 6:33 PM   #142
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Last night (after a few BEER'S of course) i had an idea. :idea: I fired up the riding mower and pulled the kids up and down the road in a plastic sled. They loved it! I picked up a bad push though cause it didn't steer to good in 4" of snow. I had it in 5th gear so it was wide open. :checkered:
So you're saying you had a heavy cushion?:O:

We've had no snow down here in Southwestern Illinois.:thumb But we've gone from mid 60s yesterday to mid 20s for highs today.:thumbsdown:

12/31/08, 7:21 PM   #143
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Well the snow gods gave us another 4" last night with some wind to go with it. Looks like it's going to be a very cold New Year's Eve here. The cheese might freeze!

We had 4-5" of new FLUFFY here in Stillwater too. Cleared the driveway with the leaf blower, much faster than the snowthrower!
I wonder what Susan got in Hayward, heard Rice Lake had about a foot.

1/1/09, 1:39 PM   #144
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiNOISE View Post
So you're saying you had a heavy cushion?:O:

We've had no snow down here in Southwestern Illinois.:thumb But we've gone from mid 60s yesterday to mid 20s for highs today.:thumbsdown:
The cush was very heavy! When i pulled back in the garage the deck was completely covered in snow. :Steer

1/4/09, 2:23 AM   #145
Jerry Spencer

Thunder, lightning and very heavy rain. It is one fifteen Sunday morning Jan. 4th and it seems like summer with the wind rain and lightning. For my friends in Illinois there is your report. :respect:

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com

1/4/09, 3:19 AM   #146
Onlydirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
Thunder, lightning and very heavy rain. It is one fifteen Sunday morning Jan. 4th and it seems like summer with the wind rain and lightning. For my friends in Illinois there is your report. :respect:

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com
Caught me off guard! I was watching the supercross and saw a flash of light then some bangs. Startled me for a minute to be honest. Definately strange in 30 degree weather. Not to mention the heavy storms we had last week with absolutely no lightning. :confused:

1/4/09, 3:30 AM   #147
Jerry Spencer

At first I thought someone hit our car out front, I grabbed my model 66 and ran out front only to see rain toward your house, got back in just as the heavy rain hit. Lightning hit a house off of 31 at 18 and set it on fire.

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 1/4/09 at 3:47 AM.

1/4/09, 3:58 AM   #148
Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
At first I thought someone hit our car out front, I grabbed my model 66 and ran out front only to see rain toward your house, got back in just as the heavy rain hit. Lightning hit a house off of 31 at 18 and set it on fire.

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com
Jerry lay off the pipe!:kookoo It is a certain BIG person trying to talk to you

1/4/09, 4:23 AM   #149
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecar View Post
Jerry lay off the pipe!:kookoo It is a certain BIG person trying to talk to you
Have not touched a pipe in years, as far as God I talk to him every day. At this time in the morning I will greet you or any one else with back up as unfortunately things are not like they used to be. What is the old saying, " When seconds count the police are only a few minutes away" My oldest made a joke about the cage rage deal as they pay people to do what we did for fun back in the day. Just for the record the Castle law has changed and 410 Tumbleweed is my castle. :thumb

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com

1/4/09, 10:43 AM   #150
Joe Kidd

And here I thought it was just a mass UFO wreckage. :thumbsdown:

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather???????