IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ASCS: World Racing Group Acquires American Sprint Car Series
3/1/24, 5:10 PM   #1
ASCS: World Racing Group Acquires American Sprint Car Series
admin

2/29/24 8:00 PM World Racing Group Acquires American Sprint Car Series in Move to Protect Sport’s Future

Key stakeholder in Sprint Car racing’s hierarchy joins World of Outlaws organizationCONCORD, NC – World Racing Group has finalized the acquisition of the American Sprint Car Series (ASCS) from ...

http://www.ascsracing.com/news/?i=147647

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, nathans1012
3/1/24, 5:46 PM   #2
Re: ASCS: World Racing Group Acquires American Sprint Car Se
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

With this news I wonder if WRG will bump the average race payout for the ASCS. I could see them doing some combo shows with WOO in the future.

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, PIT CART
3/1/24, 6:18 PM   #3
openwheelfan1

Looks to me like WRG just bought a feeder system to the WoO. The regional ASCS series feed the ASCS 360 National Series, which then becomes a stepping stone to the WoO. Seems like a very smart move to me.

4 members like this post: Grocery Guy, motorhead748, nathans1012, PIT CART
3/2/24, 6:54 AM   #4
motorhead748

Will it stay a 360 series?

3 members like this post: dkdorkboy, flagboy55, racefan20
3/2/24, 12:32 PM   #5
flagboy55

This interesting to me. Some think it will help fill the void of the Allstars. For this fan it doesn’t mean much. I really don’t care much about 360 racing, but being on DV we may turn it on if everything else gets rained out. We will see where it goes, but kind of a nothing burger at the moment

3/2/24, 1:01 PM   #6
Stevensville Mike

Cards well played, I say. As for the timing of it, looks to me like WoO is trying to gain position on the High Limit Series. We'll see how this develops down the stretch.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Grocery Guy
3/2/24, 1:30 PM   #7
nathans1012

I'm just waiting for the High Limit Series to buy the USCS Series .
Last edited by nathans1012; 3/2/24 at 6:59 PM.

1 member likes this post: azsprintfan1
3/2/24, 4:21 PM   #8
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
I'm just waiting for the High Limit Series to but the USCS Series .
I thought it would have been interesting if IMCA could have bought ASCS. That would create a “Big 3” in the dirt racing/streaming market, each with a variety of stock car and sprint car classes and national tours. Then the final piece, which I know is blasphemy to suggest on this forum, is for Flo/High Limit to purchase USAC. Retain the USAC name and bring the High Limit and Lucas Oil Late Model Series under the same ownership. IMCA would have all of their local and regional stock car series plus ASCS regional and national sprint tours on IMCA TV. World Racing Group would have WoO sprints, WoO late models, and Super DirtCar series national tours plus Xtreme midgets and local tracks on DirtVision. USAC becomes the name brand of the national organization featuring the High Limit sprints, Lucas Oil late models, and the midget/sprint/silver crown tours on FloRacing. Obviously this isn’t the way things played out, but I think it would have made things interesting. As a viewer, I will be fine with ASCS on Dirt Vision since that will save me a 3rd streaming subscription.

5 members like this post: dkdorkboy, Grocery Guy, nathans1012, PIT CART, TNRustler
3/2/24, 10:57 PM   #9
flagboy55

IMCA buy ASCS to create a big 3? I don’t know anyone that watches or buys any streaming of IMCA. What is their platform?

3/3/24, 12:23 AM   #10
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
IMCA buy ASCS to create a big 3? I don’t know anyone that watches or buys any streaming of IMCA. What is their platform?
I watch IMCA TV quite a bit especially when the racing in the Chicagoland area rains out and we’re not racing are Crate LM somewhere. I’ve been to Boone twice. The racing at both Boone and Marshalltown is pretty darn good. Boone has some of the best weekly car counts in the nation. I’d love to see a Non-Wing Sprint and Midget show there.

IMCA TV
https://imca.tv/
Last edited by nathans1012; 3/3/24 at 12:25 AM.

3 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, racenut69
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ASCS: World Racing Group Acquires American Sprint Car Series