IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indianapolis 500 Thoughts (Spoilers)
5/31/23, 7:22 AM   #31
Re: Indianapolis 500 Thoughts (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJlives View Post
Okay. Take a stab at writing that rule.
This is very simple and make several mad. Use what has worked in the short track world all my life.

The Final 10 laps of the race must be run under green flag conditions.

3 members like this post: Dale, GlobalSpeedway Tours, MassiveRaceFan
5/31/23, 8:23 AM   #32
Blackduce

Great idea except 2 different theory here. For dirt or pavement 30 lap race. Indy 500 race requires so much fuel stops to go 200 laps. And so many variables to achieve this. Do I want a car full of fuel or just enough at the checker. We worry about how much the car weigh at last few laps. This is all a gamble. Ten laps at Indy can be a long time. You always roll the dice.
Lynn

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
5/31/23, 9:20 AM   #33
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJlives View Post
Okay. Take a stab at writing that rule.
In the last 10 laps of the race, a premium is going to be put on running as many of these laps under green as possible. This will be accomplished by shorting yellow flag cautions and expanding the use of the red flag to maximize having the last ten laps run under green flag conditions. The underlying principle is that our fans want to see the last 10 laps run under green flag conditions and we will try to accommodate their wishes.

2 members like this post: Dale, oldfan49
5/31/23, 5:27 PM   #34
Dale

As hard as it is to attract fans these days, the last thing you want to show them is a yellow flag parade to the checkers. They want to see two or more cars battling for the lead.

4 members like this post: 767, jdull99, MassiveRaceFan, PIT CART
5/31/23, 6:33 PM   #35
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
What I don't get is nascar and their fifty or sixty wheels rolling around the track the last year and this....
Not so much NASCAR, but one lug wheels: Being a diverse race fan and enjoying many different types thereof, I was watching Formula 2 from Monaco this weekend. They have gone away from compressed air driven rattle guns and now use electric rattle guns.

No hoses. No running over hoses. No hoses getting caught up under the front end of any type of car.

The face of things to come.....?

Now. Back to the 500 banter.

3 members like this post: Dale, Grocery Guy, PIT CART
5/31/23, 8:09 PM   #36
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduce View Post
Anybody remember after the 500. The next weekend we ran the Milwaukee Mile. They were lined up waiting for the same group to arrive. The crowd and track could not be better racing.
Lynn
And we over in Southeast Michigan get to look forward to the Grand Prix in Detroit the weeked after. Been this way for years.... Very exciting!!!!
Last edited by Puppy; 6/1/23 at 5:56 PM.

1 member likes this post: Stevensville Mike
5/31/23, 8:40 PM   #37
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
And we over in Southwest Michigan get to look forward to the Grand Prix in Detroit the weekend after. Been this way for years.... Very exciting!!!!
Wow. How ironic. I'm over in SW Michigan, too!

4190 South Cleveland in Stevensville. I should be here most of the day tomorrow. Feel free to stop in.

Ask for Mike.

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
6/1/23, 4:37 AM   #38
jdull99

Does anyone know if Doug Boles (who runs IMS) is of the Boles dealership family that used to sponsor the Glen Niebel cars?
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

6/1/23, 4:39 AM   #39
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Not so much NASCAR, but one lug wheels: Being a diverse race fan and enjoying many different types thereof, I was watching Formula 2 from Monaco this weekend. They have gone away from compressed air driven rattle guns and now use electric rattle guns.

No hoses. No running over hoses. No hoses getting caught up under the front end of any type of car.

The face of things to come.....?

Now. Back to the 500 banter.
Should be the wing nut and hammer!
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

6/1/23, 8:03 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduce View Post
Great idea except 2 different theory here. For dirt or pavement 30 lap race. Indy 500 race requires so much fuel stops to go 200 laps. And so many variables to achieve this. Do I want a car full of fuel or just enough at the checker. We worry about how much the car weigh at last few laps. This is all a gamble. Ten laps at Indy can be a long time. You always roll the dice.
Lynn
Its the same rule for every single team. You wanna gamble on 500miles of fuel, go for it. You wanna run 520 miles of fuel, have at it. As crazy as it sounds, it might even end some of that fuel saving in the beginning.

By the way don't even waste your time mentioning a dirt or pavement 30 lap races because I have seen them refuel cars under the red. I sure don't see the message boards blowing up about that.

2 members like this post: Love dirt, MassiveRaceFan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indianapolis 500 Thoughts (Spoilers)