IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dale (Offline)
  #21 12/4/23 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I was actually working on a couple bomber teams at the time. Pits in the infield. I stopped by Staabs all the time so I knew them guys.

Good times.
Just imagine pits in the infield at Belle Claire.

Halfway between Springfield & DuQuoin, and Gilbert AZ
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #22 12/4/23 6:20 PM
Saturday night of 4 crown is $15000 for all 4 divisions.

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, mlamb, PIT CART
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #23 4/5/24 4:06 PM
I just noticed that the series is now called Kubota High Limit Racing. When did Kubota come aboard?

Next up: Tuesday Night at Riverside in Arkansas. Never saw anything from this place. Looking forward to it.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
2 Likes: flagboy55, jdull99
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #24 4/5/24 4:25 PM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
I just noticed that the series is now called Kubota High Limit Racing. When did Kubota come aboard?

Next up: Tuesday Night at Riverside in Arkansas. Never saw anything from this place. Looking forward to it.
Announced it a couple weeks ago.

https://myracenews.com/2024/03/kubot...-limit-racing/

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
2 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, Stevensville Mike
  #25 4/5/24 8:00 PM
Right-o. Thanx Chief.

Pitdad (Offline)
  #26 4/5/24 11:35 PM

The Ditch? Oh, I think you’ll be pleased. Ancestral home of the Swindells, Hooker Hood, Greg Hodnett, and others.
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #27 4/6/24 4:47 AM

The place has a reputation as being “unbelievably tacky” and that’s what it said on the track shirt I bought.
I went to a WoO race there many years ago and still say it was one of the most disappointing tracks I’ve been too, I’ve seen tackier gravel roads!
And the track security told me I’d be safe tent camping there that weekend with the bigger crowd but he wouldn’t recommend it on a regular weekend.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #28 4/6/24 10:10 AM
I went to the Ditch many years ago. It was unbelievably tacky. I have seen it a few times the last 3 or 4 years. It seems to be packed a lot harder than it used to be. I would still go back.
3 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, mlamb, motorhead748
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #29 4/6/24 1:16 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I went to the Ditch many years ago. It was unbelievably tacky. I have seen it a few times the last 3 or 4 years. It seems to be packed a lot harder than it used to be. I would still go back.
Only been there one time and it was for a regular show. It was beastly hot and the track was dusty dry for hot laps. After the sun went down it completely changed. The track actually got tackier as the evening progressed. The only other time I saw something similar was at Pevely. I always figured it was due to both tracks proximity to the river and the high water table.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, racenut69
  #30 4/9/24 8:32 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Postponed until 4/23 due to rain.

https://www.highlimitracing.com/press/article/149578