IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dirtywhiteboy
  #1 4/30/09 5:45 AM
The outstanding postal system we have in this country destroyed my copy of this months issue of Sprintcar and Midget magazine. I say destroyed because the first 31 pages (yes 31 ages) are torn. Infact the first 10 pages have 2 elongated holes, one at the top and one at the bottom. After contacting the post office I was told they are not responsible for damaged mail if it's not insured.

So my options are limited. I can ask for another issue of the magazine sent at Sprintcar and Midget magazine's cost, I do the same as above but pay for it myself or I could go without.

No wonder people in this country hate the post office so much. Customer service is dead anymore.
grinch (Offline)
  #2 4/30/09 6:23 AM
considering what the folks 5 or 6 post below are going thru..........if thats the worst thing that happens to you today consider yourself lucky.........
NumberOneOutlaw (Offline)
  #3 4/30/09 8:06 AM
I haven't recieved one in good condition in about 2 years. I don't think my post man or woman is a race fan. If they were they would understand they're very valuable to racefans and not just shove them in the mailbox by any means necessary. However Birds and Blooms show up in great condition every month. Imagine that!
Shawn (Offline)
  #4 4/30/09 8:55 AM
I agree, it seems that you've got it pretty bad where you're at. I'm sure that someone's to blame, but including the entire United States Postal Service is a little harsh. It could have been a machined malfunction, or something like that. It doesn't mean that it was a person that made the mistake, but then again, it could have been...who knows!

My wife works for the USPS and she works very hard at what she does, including crazy hours and dealing with a lot of crap. Oh, that does included people's complaints, most of which are worse than this one. There are obviously a few bad apples in there, but I know of some that shouldn't be included in your rant.

Thanks...
sprinter25 (Offline)
  #5 4/30/09 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy:
The outstanding postal system we have in this country destroyed my copy of this months issue of Sprintcar and Midget magazine. I say destroyed because the first 31 pages (yes 31 ages) are torn. Infact the first 10 pages have 2 elongated holes, one at the top and one at the bottom. After contacting the post office I was told they are not responsible for damaged mail if it's not insured.

So my options are limited. I can ask for another issue of the magazine sent at Sprintcar and Midget magazine's cost, I do the same as above but pay for it myself or I could go without.

No wonder people in this country hate the post office so much. Customer service is dead anymore.
File a written complaint with your local postmaster, and continue to do so everytime that you receive damaged mail. Write a letter and send it along with the Compalint form that the post office uses. You'll get some attention from the postmaster; and if the problems continue, remember that the postmaster has a boss, too. Just keep copies of everything that you report. It may take some time, but you will eventually get it fixed.

And let SC&M know of your problem: they may replace the damaged issue, but they also have some leverage with the post office at their end...Just don't give it up as a lost cause........
cmakin (Offline)
  #6 4/30/09 10:05 AM
Mine was pretty chewed up this issue, too. Not quite as bad as yours, but certainly damaged. I only got about 2/3 of the cover, plus a few pages past torn.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
raceway video
  #7 4/30/09 10:16 AM
These are the same people that want to run our health care.....can't wait!
TQ29m (Offline)
  #8 4/30/09 10:17 AM
I've had some trouble in the past, I quit taking NSSN because it got here so late, my PlayBoy mags usually showed up late,and used, but for the most part, I think they do a pretty good job, I ship a lot of stuff, and receive a lot of packages thru the USPS, and I'll have to say, it sure beats some of the other choices, price wise, and speed wise. I've sent a lot of stuff to Foreign Countries, and no problems, got some turbo hose the other day from Hong Kong, only place I could find what I needed, got it in 14 days, and the shipping was free, and the hose was only $20.00. Bob
JordanBlanton (Offline)
  #9 4/30/09 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
...my PlayBoy mags usually showed up late,and used
That's frightening.
okienonwingfan (Offline)
  #10 4/30/09 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by JordanBlanton:
That's frightening.
The questions is how did he know it was used. :2: