IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #11 4/13/20 9:53 PM
I don’t like how you can sing (or what ever they call rap) that with an “a” at the end and win awards but say it during a video game with an “r” at the end and ruin ur career. What a strange world we live it. Hate it for him he is having to deal with this but maybe he will be at more dirt tracks this summer. We shall see
11 Likes: chrismattlin, jdull99, Midget98, oppweld, PIT CART, racer-x, sc17x, Speedmax3, TNRustler, TQ29m, WinglessLovers
Terry Porter (Offline)
  #12 4/13/20 9:54 PM
My wife, whose not a race fan, just asked a valid question.

Kyle used a derogatory term, no doubt. But to the offended group, “do they even watch racing, much less televised video games?”

She has a point.

Political correctness, whether right or wrong, is killing civilization.

This word can be used in everyday conversation by the “correct” designation of people yet others are vilified for the same use???

Fortunately for Kyle there’s enough other **** going on in this world that this blip on the radar will be soon forgotten.

He made a mistake. He apologized. His career will continue.
13 Likes: AustinSprinter, chrismattlin, dirt330, IndianaSprintFan, Indy1808, jdull99, jonboat15, luckybuc97, Midget98, oppweld, racenut69, sc17x, stealth43k
polecar (Offline)
  #13 4/13/20 10:32 PM
how did Tiger Woods come through his mess. in time I think Kyle will be o.k.
5 Likes: AustinSprinter, chrismattlin, jdull99, nathans1012, oppweld
Griffittsmotorsports (Offline)
  #14 4/14/20 12:59 AM
I dont by any means agree with what he said but I feel they are going way over board with losing sponsors and stuff I’ve seen others say and do things just as bad if not worse and suffer way less. jmo
6 Likes: Big Mike 7, chrismattlin, davidm, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, oppweld
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #15 4/14/20 8:11 AM
I've already forgotten what he said. Let's move on.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
15 Likes: 3wide, AustinSprinter, Big Mike 7, Dougherty20, dwhitney1169, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, Indy1808, jeff88ix, jim goerge, luckybuc97, nathans1012, SOROKACH35FAN, texas red, tj39
Terry Porter (Offline)
  #16 4/14/20 9:02 AM
Best post yet👍🏻
Longtime sprinter (Offline)
  #17 4/14/20 9:16 AM
Very well said. I feel I Racing is bad for racing in general. It isn’t going to make young people get into racing, as much as being at the track would. It just makes them want to sit and play more video games. I would like to see the real racers turn their backs to it, go out and work on the race car.
11 Likes: Big Mike 7, Bostonian, Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, Indy1808, interpreter66, jdull99, motorhead748, Speedmax3, TQ29m, Wingman
sprint29 (Offline)
  #18 4/14/20 10:47 AM
Guess I'll have to find something else to mix with my Jack Daniels.
davidm (Offline)
  #19 4/14/20 11:07 AM
Did he get caught shooting dope? No. Beat his wife and kids? No. Murder or **** someone? No. Oh he said a bad word, THAT bad word. Well that changes everything.
4 Likes: Big Mike 7, Indy1808, jim goerge, TNRustler
The Old Coyote (Online)
  #20 4/14/20 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Terry Porter:
My wife, whose not a race fan, just asked a valid question.

Kyle used a derogatory term, no doubt. But to the offended group, “do they even watch racing, much less televised video games?”

She has a point.

Political correctness, whether right or wrong, is killing civilization.

This word can be used in everyday conversation by the “correct” designation of people yet others are vilified for the same use???

Fortunately for Kyle there’s enough other **** going on in this world that this blip on the radar will be soon forgotten.

He made a mistake. He apologized. His career will continue.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Unknown

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
9 Likes: Big Mike 7, chrismattlin, Indy1808, interpreter66, jdull99, motorhead748, PJ Wright, rmr6nm, texas red