IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who all is going to bubba's
1/29/21, 7:33 PM   #1
Who all is going to bubba's
1021gpa

Who all is going and how many years have you went for me I have been every year except for 2017 I had lost my daughter in november 2016 and didn't feel like going without her

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
1/29/21, 8:17 PM   #2
interpreter66

Yep I’m going to make the drive😀 haven’t missed one yet not gonna start now

1/29/21, 11:04 PM   #3
dirt330

Be my 3rd year.can't wait. Dirt in my cheeseburgers.

3 members like this post: 1021gpa, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
1/29/21, 11:13 PM   #4
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Made them all since USAC started at Bubba's and several when USAC ran at East Bay. Going to have to miss this year because of getting our 2d Covid shots. Got the first shots a couple of weeks ago and scheduled to get our final shots when the races are on. We are usually in Florida from New Years until 1st of April. Not this year. Guess we'll begin at Brownstown.

1/30/21, 7:21 AM   #5
addictedtodirt

I'll be making my eighth trip to Bubba's. A break from the cold is always nice. Thinking of taking in the WoO on super bowl Sunday at Volusia as I have never seen them there. Track campground is showing full. Any tips? I know I won't have a problem at Bubba's, but can a guy crash out after a few barley pops at Volusia and not get tossed from the parking lot?
Last edited by addictedtodirt; 1/30/21 at 7:23 AM.

3 members like this post: 1021gpa, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
1/30/21, 11:56 AM   #6
Re: Who all is going to bubba's
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
I'll be making my eighth trip to Bubba's. A break from the cold is always nice. Thinking of taking in the WoO on super bowl Sunday at Volusia as I have never seen them there. Track campground is showing full. Any tips? I know I won't have a problem at Bubba's, but can a guy crash out after a few barley pops at Volusia and not get tossed from the parking lot?
Isn't there a privately owned camping area across rt. 40 south of the track? Used to be. You may be able to give VSP a call and get contact info for that area if it still exists.

The other alternative would be to get set up at Bubba's and driver over to Volusia. I's right at an hour pretty much straight east on rt. 40.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
1/30/21, 3:12 PM   #7
i love dirt track racing

Our racing families will be in the house. Looking forward to seeing some great racing events. We have been going for several years and always enjoy the nice break from the Indiana weather for a couple of days. LOL. Probably a couple of Kodak moments and life time memories will be made again. LOL. We kind of sponsor a little award for the racing events and the driver's for this racing event. Have fun and enjoy the great things that we all love. God bless America. Thanks.

1/30/21, 4:34 PM   #8
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
Isn't there a privately owned camping area across rt. 40 south of the track? Used to be. You may be able to give VSP a call and get contact info for that area if it still exists.

The other alternative would be to get set up at Bubba's and driver over to Volusia. I's right at an hour pretty much straight east on rt. 40.
Yes, it is just over an hour from Bubba’s to Volusia. Be aware though that WoO/Volusia has changed the times for Sunday’s racing. I THINK they have moved the start time up to 3 PM with the goal of being wrapped up before the SuperBowl kickoff.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, ISF, tirespinner
1/30/21, 4:36 PM   #9
openwheelfan1

This would have been our 7th year of going to Bubba’s for the USAC sprints. I don’t know why, but I love the sprint cars on that race track! Circumstances have conspired and we will miss this years events. Y’all have fun down there and be safe!

3 members like this post: dirt330, i love dirt track racing, tirespinner
1/31/21, 12:26 AM   #10
Re: Who all is going to bubba's
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Ill be there Monday and Tuesday for the Lucas Oil Late Models then starting next Thursday with the USAC midgets and following week on Wed. for sprint cars

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who all is going to bubba's